Chapter 27: Angel Cakes

Elizabeth's POV
Bobby came and listened to the boy's story while I held an ice pack to the back of my head over the forming bump.

The two continued to bicker and messed up the story some before Bobby abruptly stood up and said "Okay, I've heard enough" Dean mumbles "You showed up about an hour after that" "I'm surprised at you two. I really am. Sam, first off, Dean did not steal your computer" Bobby says.

"But I -" Sam goes to protest but goes quiet when Bobby holds out his hand "Shh, shh, shh, shh! And, Dean, Sam did not touch your car" Sam looks at Dean and says "Yeah!" Bobby continues "And if you two bothered to pull your heads outta your asses, it all would have been pretty clear and you wouldn't have hurt Elizabeth!" Both boys shoot me guilty looks and Dean then asks "What?"

"What you're dealing with" Bobby says "You got a trickster on your hands" Dean snaps his fingers and says "That's what I thought" and Sam shoots back "What?! No, you didn't!" I scoff and Bobby shoots me a sympathetic look before saying "I got to tell you... you guys were the biggest clue" "What do you mean?" Sam asks "These things create chaos and mischief as easy as breathing, and it's got you so turned around and at each other's throats, you can't even think straight" Bobby answers.

"The laptop, the tires" I say making Bobby nod "It knows you're onto him, and it's been playing you two like fiddles" "So, what is it, what, what, spirit, demon, what?" Dean asks "Well, more like demigods, really. There's Loki in Scandinavia. There's Anansi in West Africa. Dozens of them. They're immortal, and they can create things out of thin air. Things as real as you and me. Make them vanish just as quick" Bobby explains.

"You mean like an angry spirit or an alien or an alligator" Sam says "The victims fit the M.O., too. Tricksters target the high and the mighty, knock them down a peg, usually with a sense of humor - deadly pranks, things like that" Bobby adds "Bobby, what do these things look like?" Dean asks "Lots of things, but human, mostly" Bobby answers.

Dean turns to look at Sam and asks "And what human do we know who's been at ground zero this whole time?" Sam and I frown. Sam develops a thoughtful look before getting it. I on the other hand already know 'The Angel...'

~~~timeskip~~~
The Janitor locks a gate with a key attached to his belt. We follow him up a staircase "Sorry I'm dragging a little ass today, boys. Had a.....rough night last night...." He turns to look at me, but I refuse to look at him making him frown.

"Yeah, I get it. Listen, we won't be long"
Dean says and signals to Sam behind his back "We just need to check a couple offices up on three" "No problem" he says "I, uh, forgot something in the truck. You know what? I'll catch up with you guys" Sam suddenly says "Okay" Dean mumbles. We turn and begin ascending the stairs again.

~~~later~~~
We exit the building "Just 'cause he reads the Weekly World News doesn't mean he's our guy. I mean, you read it, too" Sam points out and Dean argues "I'm telling you, it's him!"

I sigh and say "Guys, not this again..." they turn to me and both snap "Butt out Elizabeth!" Before turning back to each other "Look, I just think we need some hard proof. That's all" Sam says "Okay, another thing Bobby mentioned was that these suckers have a metabolism like an insect, a real sweet tooth" Dean says "Well, I didn't find any candy bars or sugar. Not even Equal" Sam argues and Dean says "Eh, that's probably 'cause you missed something."

I sigh and start rubbing my temples "I don't miss things" Sam snaps "Oh, right, 'cause you're Mr. Perfect" Dean shoots back "What? Are you really still pissed at me 'cause of what the trickster did?" Sam asks incredulously "You been a tight ass long before that trickster showed up!" Dean accuses. Not wanting to be a part of this anymore I walk off.