24. Festival

Naruto and Satsuki we're standing side by side nervously. Naruto and Satsuki wear their traditional clothes, kimono.

Satsuki without her disguise, her tender face was attractive enough to attract the young man to propose to her. Well for Naruto, he alters a bit of his appearance by combing his hair to his back and hiding his whiskers by applying some illusion on his cheek to make him go unnoticed by the public.
Good for him for not making an uproar of the 'demon fox' trying to appear in the festival in the public.

Their faces don't meet with each other as both of them blush can not withstand how attractive both of them are, standing in the middle of the festival like a fresh couple.

It was awkward. No, very awkward for them.

'What should I do? What should I do? Talk to him damn it!' Her mind was too wild to think properly. She was too embarrassed to face him. She maybe braves on the battlefield but with him...no.

'Oh my God, she is so pretty. Am I in a dream? Yes, I am. No, this is reality. So, how should I start? Maybe running some simulation in my mind. Let's try.' Naruto uses all of his mind power to recreate the simulation between Satsuki and him with various possibilities.

"Hey, do you want to walk with me," Naruto asked her.

Satsuki faced him with a smile expression and retorted "why should I"

Naruto in his mindscape knocks his head to the tree to release his frustration 'No.No.No!'. He bangs himself to the tree unnoticed two foxes were watching him uncertainly

"What is he doing father?" Awkwardly Kisara asked his father who smirk knowing what the blonde had just gone through.

"Just watch" The almighty Kyuubi answered.

Naruto stops banging. His head was covered by blood after having a none stop banging for a minute. 'No, maybe this time will be, right' he restarts the simulation again with the different counter.

"Naruto" The blonde got out from his mindscape and turned to her.

"Yes," automatically he answered.

"Let's walk " Satsuki requested timidly.

Naruto's mind was in chaos for an hour. None stopped thinking about her until now. She let me walk together with her.

"Sure" he joined Satsuki in wandering around the festival. 'Maybe I was too overthinking about this' he reminds himself.

As the new couple wanders around stalls. Both of them didn't realise an indigo haired enjoyed herself eating ramen. After finishing her first bowl, she placed the bowl beside and ordered more. "One more chicken ramen, please"

Naruto noticed no one ever giving him a hateful glare or something. When he approached the cooker, he flash a smile at his arrival. No one ever saw him as that Konoha pariah. Instead, a normal Konoha citizen.

Does that mean they only recognised him by his whiskers? Are you kidding me! Why didn't I only do that sooner!

Naruto turned to Satsuki that walks beside him. He knows she was shy when she was surrounded by a crowd. She tried her best to be bold, especially around him. Which amuses him by seeing her 180 degrees personality change.

The timid raven-haired girl subconsciously gets near him earning snorts from the blonde.

"Why are you laughing?" She eyes him.

"Nothing, just remembered something" the blonde covered himself.

Satsuki pouted. "You lie"

"What, it is the truth"