26. the tournament

The good weather in Konoha gives a good mood for the tournament to commence.

"Battle begin"

The boy and the girl in the ring makes their moves as both of them raised their hand to sky and not a minute they said.

"I resign" Shikamaru Nara said.

"I resign" Temari from the sand also said the same.

The spectators were shocked even both Kazekage and Hokage.

"O-Okay, can you please give me a reason why" Hayate in confused and shocked asked them.

"Lazy" the boy said perfect summary.

"Because he isn't someone that same as my caliber" the girl annoyed with him.

"Alright, then return to your post." Hayate massaging his nose bridge ordered both of them to leave. For the first time in few decades there have no history records that the match ended in this way. Well, he was surprised they have managed to make a new record for the first match that ended quickly less than a minute.

"What the heck?" Ino looked at both of them unbelievable. "How can they give up on the match so easy? Are they don't want to rank higher?"

"You know Shikamaru, he is lazy. So I don't surprised he would give up on earning new rank" Chouji express his fact.

"Of course, I know but the thing is. He have make our team look bad. I will give some earful speech after this!" Ino eyes rage with fire wanted giving that genius boy some lesson. Chouji couldn't but prayed for his safety.

"Those two participant, quiet interesting" Hokage said,

"I agree" the fake Kazekage said. His true identity was none other than Orochimaru himself.

Shikaku was disappointed but at the same time wonder about his son.

Asuma Sarutobi the teacher of young Nara clan also thought the same. 'He must have his reasons, he genius if he give up early on the tournament that means that means something bad might be happen. After all he is a trained ANBU that specialised intelligence and espionage. I wonder what is he plotting?'
,
,
,
,
Meanwhile beneath the spectator seats both of them were hugging each other embracing the warmth.

Both of them are childhood friends met at the time Shikamaru was tasked to go to Suna for the further training there she met Temari.

"It's been a while we didn't hug like this. How are you doing?" Temari asks the Nara

"I'm fine, just gathering some information for Konoha defences. How about you?"

"Train to beat you" Shikamaru snickers. "You know you can't beat me not with your current skill" Temari laughed, knowing he was right.

"Then, I will train harder" She said playfully.

"Before, you go don't tell me you also a part with this invasion aren't you?" Shikamaru asked her in sudden serious tone.

Temari not answered her eyes was tilt to her side do not want to look at him. From her attitude, the answer was clearly written on her face. "Oh God, you join them didn't you" he said with clear disappointment.

"It's not like that, I mean. I joining them to know their plans are and sabotage the invasion. After I collect those information I could warned Konoha and meet you. Also save you. Anyway, it would benefit for both of us"

Shikamaru sweatdropped and wondering 'it is mostly benefit to me except we could be together. Yeah, that is only benefit you and I got.'
,
,
,
,
,