28. The Unexpected Invasion

A large explosion of the fireball came to them and crushed the exit forcing some of his Anbu companions to flee inside even though he was almost caught by the explosion. Naruto's ears were ringing suffered the same as his brethren
He rise and was injured a bit after he was pushed by the explosion and rolled back in. He looked where the entrance was covered with rubble.

"Naruto, you're okay?" Shikamaru helps Naruto to rise onto his two feet.

"I'm fine, Shikamaru. We need to get out of here as fast as possible"

"Head to exit 1, that is the nearest exit we will get. Move, Move, MOVE" Naruto ordered them hastily while running and headed to the exit he mentioned. Shikamaru follows him from behind.

The Anbu underneath could feel the vibration that shook their basement. Even some dust falls onto their heads from the effect of the bombardment.

"How did they know we under here?" One of the Anbu asked.

"I heard the Snake Sannin join the invasion and in league with Suna"

"What? Damn, that is how they managed to know this old base."

As they approach Exit 1, they were greeted by some enemies Shinobi. Two of the Anbu in front of Naruto threw one of their Kunai toward the intruders. As they flew, the two Kunai multiplied into ten.

The Sand noticed it, he slammed his hand on the ground and created a wall made of earth to protect them. The Kunai then turned red. He didn't notice it earlier but on the hilt of each Kunai have an explosion tag that is covered by a piece of cloth. The barrier was crushed by the explosion and knocked on several Sand Shinobi and Sound.

"Damn you, Konoha. You will pay" one of the remaining Sound ninjas transformed or morphed into some sort of monster that none of them had ever seen. His peach skin turned grey with hard scales covering his arms and legs. The two large horns grow on top of him. He begins to roar and charge at Anbu.

The Anbu team split up evading the transformed ninja. "What is that?" Naruto looks puzzled and surprised as any Anbu surrounds him. He knows even though they all wearing a mask.

"I don't know. I had never seen it before"

"It looks like one of Orochimaru's experiments" Shikamaru answered.

One of the ROOT former elites burst a huge amount of water from his mouth and filled the entrance with water while the other one made an electrical Jutsu to fuse with water stunning the sound Ninja to death.

As they manage to get out of the basement, they hurried to the battlefield at the centre of Konoha. They didn't have time to waste since they aren't so many skilled ninjas in there. Yet, they can only hope that Genin participants could hold back as long as they can.
,
,
,
,
,

In the Arena

"32 trigrams" Hinata attacks four of Sound ninja intruders with her infamous move heritage. All of her attackers fall as they cannot withstand her clan skills. All thirty of them. In the single row. She realises she is alone which is one of the reasons she didn't hold back. Not to mention she had used Byakugan for double-checking.

Hinata has tried to find Naruto and Shikamaru since the beginning of the invasion yet she didn't find them. Her luck in finding was always in terms of searching for those two. "Where are they? when I need them."

"Hello"

Hinata looks up seeing a white giant bird with a drawing texture. On top of that if there is a boy in Anbu gear. "Sai, did you see Naruto and Shikamaru"

"Oh, they went to assist Konoha's defence. You didn't know?" Sai asked.

"No, I haven't that explained where they went. Argh, they should inform me." Hinata grumbled.