Xi| Ashes

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

And when I pray to God all I ask is

Can beauty come out of ashes?

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"You kissed?""Did you like it?""Who did you kiss?"Eve gave Lily and Raina a blunt look

"You kissed?"

"Did you like it?"

"Who did you kiss?"

Eve gave Lily and Raina a blunt look. Marlene, who had joined Lily at the library as well, was interested in who the shy Ravenclaw was going around kissing.

"She kissed Potter," said Lily to Marlene.

"What?"Marlene gasped,"You're joking!"

"Actually, he kissed me," said Eve. "Well, he asked to actually."

"That's so sweet," Raina squealed. "I knew I was right in shipping you. Did you know that it's super likely for the head boy and girl to end up together?"

"Where did you read that?"Lily eyed Raina sceptically.

"Read? I don't read," Raina snorted. "Pandora told me."

"Pandora?"Marlene questioned," The weird girl who hangs around with Lovegood?"

"She isn't weird, she's nice," Raina defended. "She knows loads of interesting facts too. About things you've never heard about!"

"Probably because they don't exist," Marlene muttered.

Raina glared at Marlene. 

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

After doing her rounds with the Hufflepuff prefect (since the other was sick), Eve was beyond tired. And to make it worse, the prefect had found a Ravenclaw first year in the Hufflepuff common room. Due to it being after curfew, Eve offered to return him to Ravenclaw tower.

The first-year boy was far too chatty for Eve, telling her all about how his best friend was a Hufflepuff and that he thought he should have been a Hufflepuff too. Eve just nodded her way through the conversation until they arrived at the portrait.

"I'm normally rather slow with the riddles." said the first year nervously.

"I got it," said Eve slowly,"May I have the riddle?"

"The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I?"

"Footsteps," said Eve smoothly.

"Woah!"The first year exclaimed as the portrait opened,"Cool, thank you."

"Mhm."Eve nodded and turned around to leave.

Eve was halfway to her dorm when she felt the first shiver. Cold, she wrapped her arms around herself and stared at the ground as she walked. She wasn't fond of being alone and was questioning why she was in the first place. And then, to make her night even worse, Eve bumped into someone.

"Sorry, I—"

Severus Snape.

Truth be told, Snape and Eve had never truly been friends. They were friends because they were friends with Lily, not by direct choice. Eve thought he was a little two-sided; He hated muggle-borns when around his friends but yet hung around with Lily. That wasn't a friend. A real friend stood up for you even when you weren't there.