XVi| I'll be there for you

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Oh I swear I got enough love for two

You'll never be alone, I'll be there for you

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

November 1978

For Eve Marie Brooks, it was still completely bizarre to think that she had a boyfriend

For Eve Marie Brooks, it was still completely bizarre to think that she had a boyfriend. In Eve's opinion, falling in love with someone so fast wasn't always the best idea. Her mother always told her that people fell into a 'honeymoon' period with a first boyfriend - everything seemed so great at the time because it was new.

James was Eve's first boyfriend she didn't have a clue whether or not they had moved too fast. But for Eve, it didn't matter what other people would have done because she felt like being with James was normal. No 'expected timeframe before relationships' would change that for her.

Amanda, Eve's mother, couldn't say much about it either since she and Harry Brooks had been married when they were nineteen. They had been neighbours but Amanda had completely avoided the fact she was a witch until he asked her to marry her.

Eve had stayed at Potter Manor for a few weeks, visiting her own home in between. She loved Euphemia and Fleamont, the old couple adored her back. They knew they were old and weren't going to be around much longer so seeing their son happy meant a lot to them.

"Eve!"James called in a sing-voice,"We are Order duty-free today, What do you want to do?"

"We can't do anything, I'm going home today. Remember?"  said Eve,"I promised Remus that I'd be there to save him from Michael."

James groaned,"I was going to take you out though."

"Don't worry,"Eve kissed James,"You're coming too and we can go out afterwards."

"Whatever you say,"James smiled,"So...your sister and Moony?"

"Not officially,"Eve pointed out,"This is the first time they're meeting face to face since Christmas but I think Remus wants for something to happen. But he's like me, clueless."

"But we worked it out," said James, sliding an arm around her waist.

"I suppose Kala's rather like you...she gets what she wants."

"Hillarious," said James sarcastically,"But true."

James and Eve put on their cloaks said goodbye to Fleamont and Euphemia and left the house. When they arrived around the corner from Brooks-Dale residence, James nearly bumped into Remus. He seemed to be pacing up and down.

"Moony!"James smiled, patting his shoulder,"Stop pacing, mate."

"Remus, why are you so Nervous?"Eve asked as Remus,"You've met Michael and my mum before."

"Last time I met Michael was as your friend,"Remus emphasised,"This time I'm meeting Michael as the boy who his daughter is flirting with and trying to flirt back!"

"Listen, Remmy, Michael is as chill as they come,"Eve assured,"Kala's had a boyfriend before and after one talk of 'hurt her and you'll die painfully', he's practically like having a father-in-law. Of course, don't tell him about your furry little problem—"

"Did James tell you that name?"

"Yes."James nodded enthusiastically,"I told her, it's a great name."

"Thought so."

"Don't worry, Rem," said Eve,"James and I are here too."

Remus nodded. Reluctantly, he followed James and Eve towards the pretty home of Brooks-Dale. Eve gave the door a short knock but then opened the door, something she had always done. She and her mother had made a specific knock for security reasons. The fact that Amanda had married another muggle hadn't been known to her parents since they died before Harry Brooks had passed away. And since Amanda didn't speak to any of the pure-bloods, they didn't know.

"Mum! James, Remus and I are here!"Eve called,"Kala?"

"Eve!" Kala squealed, jumping out for

"Ah Remus! My hot pen pal," Kala grinned.

Remus went bright red and gave her a sheepish smile. James gave him a pat on the back before allowing Eve to pull James away from the two.

"We'll find the others while they talk," said Eve briefly,"They'll be in the kitchen."

"How do you know?"James questioned.

"Mum has this obsession with cleaning the kitchen if guests come over, I don't know why considering we barely gone in the kitchen but...oh well,"Eve beamed,"You haven't seen any of the house other than the library and main room."

"Can I see your room?"

Eve stuck her tongue out at him but didn't reply. Rolling her eyes, she pushed the kitchen door open. Like the Ravenclaw had stated, Michael, Amanda and Kaden were all in there; Amanda was setting out glasses, Michael was reading the newspaper and Kaden was doodling in his notebook.

"Hello," said Eve.

The three turned to her, immediately greeting the two. Amanda hugged her daughter and James, who didn't seem surprised after his mum hugged every guest they had to. Michael shook James' hand and Kaden gave them a wave.

"So, where is Remus?"Amanda asked.

"The boy?"Michael stood up straight.

"Mike, calm down," Amanda chuckled,"Remus is a lovely boy. Besides, Kala hasn't even said they're together, they're probably just friends."

"Friends," Michael repeated,"No."

"No?"

"When someone says just friends, it's lies."

Kaden snorted from where he sat,"You're an overreacting dad. Loads of people are 'just friends'. Then again, this is Kala."

Eve wondered if her own father would have acted the same way to James as Michael did. Michael loved Eve like his own but with the girl being so kept to herself over the years, he never had the chance to be the same way he was with Kala. Eve was his daughter, even if it was not by blood, be he did not want to step the line. So accepting who she loved was one step he felt was right to take.

His blood daughter was a different story. Even after her previous three boyfriends, it didn't get any easier accepting that she was growing up. Kala Dale was gorgeous and everyone could see it, she was bound to attract anyone.

"How are your parents, James?"Amanda asked, sparking conversation.

"They're not as good as they were but they're okay," James replied,"They adore Eve."

"Euphemia loves everyone," Amanda smiled,"And here is Remus."

"Hello, Mrs Dale."Remus greeted.

"This is my dad," said Kala,"Dad, you've met Remus before."

By looking at his daughter, Michael knew that if they were indeed 'Just friends', Kala did not get the memo. She definitely did not want to be 'Just friends'.

"Let's go, James, I'll show you around," said Eve, giving Remus a 'Goodluck look'.

"Was it safe leaving him with Michael?"James questioned as Eve led him around the house.

"Yeah, he just likes to be indicating but if he didn't like Remus, we'd know by now,"Eve assured,"Where do you want to go first?"

"I still think upstairs is a great option—"

"Oh shut up."

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

During the Order meetings, Eve didn't say a lot. She mostly nods when she agrees with things or mutters to Raina and Lily when she doesn't. The Order soon learned that Eve didn't say a lot when the entire order was around but she was pleasant to talk to online.

Eve soon found that Fabian and Gideon Prewett were a little overwhelming, though entertaining, most of the time. They would often tell Eve about their sister, Molly, and her kids. They were happy about the fact she had twins, Fred and George in April. Lily, not expecting to be taken seriously, invited the Prewett twins to the 'Gingers are better than everyone else' club. They accepted, seemingly rather serious about it.

"Maybe we should start a club," Raina muttered,"Getting rejected by red-heads to be in their club. Better yet, "Black-haired people are better than gingers."

"I heard that!"Eve sang, pointing at Raina.

"You were supposed to!"Raina whisper-yelled back,"Traitor!"

Eve stuck her tongue at Raina, Moody walking past them and calling them "Childish". Eve and Raina sniggered, catching each other's eyes.

"They're just jealous," Gideon commented,"Not everyone can be as great as us."

"It's a shame really," Fabian nodded,"Not our fault."

"Indeed it isn't."Gideon nodded.

The conversation was cut short by Dumbledore entering the room. He took his place at the top of the table as the members of the order spun around to look towards him.

"Let's begin shall we."

Remember that Act is going to have loads of time skips, for this reason, I'll be putting the dates at the top of the chapter :)Out of the Original Order of the Phoenix, who would you like to meet the most?

Out of the Original Order of the Phoenix, who would you like to meet the most?