XV| Who's side are you on?

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Who's side are you on?

War lines have been drawn

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Eve and Raina sat at the Ravenclaw table for the last time

Eve and Raina sat at the Ravenclaw table for the last time. It was odd for Eve, who had only been in the Great Hall around sixteen times over the course of seven years. It seemed both new and familiar as she watched the teachers congratulate them as students.

It seemed odd to be told that they were leaving the school and going out into lives on their own. Well...Eve knew she would never be on her own. Time slipped away from her but she knew she wanted to be with her friends no matter what the future held.

"Before you leave!"McGonagall called,"We would like the following people to stay if you will...James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Lily Evans, Mary Macdonald, Dorcas Meadows, Eve Brooks, Raina Edwards and Marlene Mckinnon."

The group, which mainly consisted of Eve's friends (the rest being Lily's), stayed behind. Eve was nervous but she knew she wasn't in trouble because of the others who were there.

"You have been specifically selected by myself," said Dumbledore,"As people who have shown trust and determination. And now, the world calls on anyone who is willing to help it."

"I'm in," said Raina, raising a hand,"Fighting in the war, this is what this is about, I'm in."

"And I am," said Sirius with a nod.

Dumbledore looked around at the others. One by one, they all gave their nods and signals of approval. Suddenly, Eve Brooks knew exactly what she had agreed to.

"Let me tell you about the Order of the Phoenix."

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Eve felt dizzy on the way home. It was nerves for meeting James' parents, being inducted into the order, the war and the unknown altogether. She attempted to find ways to ease the nerves on her arm but they all led back to the only solution: James running a hand through her hair as she leaned against his chest.

Sirius and Raina were in a similar place, with Raina sitting crossed-legged on the chair well Sirius twirled her hair. Remus was playing exploding snap with Peter as well; Remus was winning.

Since Sirius had his own place, Raina was moving in with him. Raina didn't want Sirius on his own (even though he'd be at the Potter's a lot of the time) during the war. Raina had gotten into an argument with her dad over it, who claimed it wasn't a good decision for an eighteen-year-old.

Remus was going home as always, though he was thinking of buying his own place as well. Eve wasn't sure what Peter was doing but she guessed he was also going home until he decided a plan.

Eve and James hadn't mentioned any idea of moving out on their own let alone together. Eve wasn't sure how she was even supposed to approach the situation but she thought they should be together longer than a year before that question was asked.

"We're here," said Sirius,"I can't believe this is it."

"It still feels wrong, leaving Hogwarts forever," said Raina with a frown,"I'll miss the place."

There was an echo of agreement around the compartment.

"I'll help you with your Trunk, Evie," said James.

He and Sirius got all the trunks down from the racks and gave them to their respected owners. Eve grabbed the handle of the trunk, allowed James to take her hand, and got off the train. She let her boyfriend lead her towards his parents.

"Mum, dad, this is Eve."James introduced,"She's rather shy."

"Hello," said Eve quietly.

"Hello, dear!" said Euphemia kindly, giving her a hug.

"Wonderful to meet you, Eve, James talks about you a lot," said Fleamont, shaking Eve's hand after his wife had stepped back.

"Nice to meet you too," Eve nodded.

"I didn't know Amanda had a daughter," Euphemia commented as they made their way towards Potter Manor,"It seems that she was unaware I had a son. Did you two never talk?"

"Not really," Eve shook her head quietly.

"Eve's in Ravenclaw mum," James rambled,"And she doesn't speak much but then she became Headgirl and her best friend was dating Sirius —I'm rambling, sorry."

"Oh it's fine, son," Fleamont beamed,"It worked out in the end, looking at you both."

Eve blushed. She fiddled with her hands all the way to the manor, James telling her random things. When they arrived at Potter Manor, James was very eager to show her around his house but Eve simply took in the gorgeous manor.

"This is beautiful,"Eve whispered.

"Not as beautiful as you," James replied softly,"Come on, I'll show you where we'll be sleeping—"

"We?"

"Unless you don't want to? I can get you your own room—"

"No, it's okay,"Eve took his hand,"I don't mind."

James nodded, glancing at the clouds above them,"We should go inside."

"There's a storm coming," said Eve,"It's ironic, I suppose."

Eve and James stared up at the pitch-black sky as the clouds moved over. They were holding hands tightly as if these clouds represented everything that the war was going to bring; Despair, distrust, hopeless thoughts and Death.

"It's starting." said Eve,"But I think I'm ready to fight."

I would like to emphasise that (when I had my old account) this book was a prequel so that's why it's very fast pace

I would like to emphasise that (when I had my old account) this book was a prequel so that's why it's very fast pace. The second act has a lot of time skips and so will the third when I write it. Just a warning in case it confuses you.

Are you an Order Member of Death Eater?

Edited.