XXV| Ten Years

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Don't let them tell you who to be

You're enough and in time you'll see

⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

October 1979

Being a mother was tiring; Eve learned that in the first week of taking care of her daughter

James Potter turned out to be a better father than anyone would have ever imagined. When Adeline was allowed home from the hospital, Eve still had to stay for another two nights. She was asleep most of the time but James was still there nearly all of the day with Adeline in her arms.

Watching Adeline be placed in Eve's arms for the first time since she was born was memorable. Eve cradled the small life in her arms, staring down at her and wondering how something so innocent was allowed to be born through such dark times.

"Addy...Addikins...Ads...Linny...Lin..."

"What are you doing?"Eve questioned, glancing up at James.

"Giving our daughter a nickname," James replied, looking down fondly at his daughter,"I like Addikins."

"Nicknames are normally shorter than the original so you went for Addikins?"

"It's cute," James protested. "But Addy seems the more likely choice, no?"

"I do like Addy."Eve admitted. "Better than Linny."

"I still think we should have called her 'Proof James got Eve to fall in love with him'-"

Eve didn't reply; She simply rolled her eyes. Secretly, she was smiling as she looked over at James rocking Adeline. She knew that they would have a strong bond...she just knew.

"Raina and Sirius are having a girl, did she tell you?"James piped up. "Sirius was surprised, he thought it would be a boy."

"Oooh!"Eve squealed,"Oh I'm so glad! They can be friends with Adeline and they'll be in the same Hogwarts year and..."

"Maybe actually wait until Raina Jr is born first," James laughed.

"They'll call her Callisto Siri Black," Eve confirmed. "Raina told me. Sirius was insistent on having their middle name as Siri no matter what. Callisto Siri or Leo Siri I think."

James nodded. They were in silence for a short while before the raven-haired man spoke again in a soft tone; Adeline was sleeping peacefully and he didn"t want to wake her.

"Did Sirius tell you about his brother Regulus when they visited yesterday?"

"He did,"Eve nodded sadly. "It's a shame...he still doesn't know when exactly he died though. Just that it was sometime this year with the Death Eaters."