Chapter 22: Surprises here and there

It had now been about three weeks since the breach in the city and everything seemed to be back to normal. But however, there was one small difference about a couple of miles from Beacon Academy there was a base being built. This was the base for the US Marines that were now on Remnant, after the breach of Vale it was decided that the Marines needed a base of operations to stop any further attacks that might occur in the future. The materials to build the base were being provided by both Vale and Atlas to ensure the base could handle any threat that came at it.

Team MARN meanwhile had their work cut out for them as now had new toys to play with since they liberated the cars from the white fang train. But as cool as the cars were the team decided they needed to be modified in order to be useful in combat situations. But in order to finish the modifications in a timely manner they were going to need some help and seeing that Nick was pretty much the only one who knew about what to do to make the cars up to military standards. Luckly teams RWBY, JNPR, and CFVY decided to pitch in and lend a helping hand to the marines to help improve their cars.

The group had only gotten the Mach 1 mustang and GTO Judge done with modifications as the sheet metal on the cars had been reinforced with thicker metal on the inside of the metal. The undersides of the cars also had armor protection incase an explosion went off under the car. The engines were also given upgrades as well to increase the power output and the brakes were also upgraded along with a few other things on the cars. The upgrades however did not change the appearance of the cars at all so people wouldn't know they are upgraded.

Michael was alone in the garage looking over his hellcat seeing where it needed to be armored and upgraded. He then opened the trunk of the car to see if there was any place on it that needed to be armored. But once he looked inside the trunk, he then saw a large square wooden crate. The WW1 veteran then pulled the crate out of the hellcat's trunk and then placed it down on a nearby workbench.

"What is a crate doing in the trunk of the car?" Michael thought out loud. Wondering what would be inside the crate he grabbed a crowbar out of the toolbox and wedged it under the box lid. With one big push down on the crowbar the wooden lid on the box cracked open and the WW1 veteran slid it off revealing something interesting. A round Black, Red, and white shield of some kind.

"What was this doing in the trunk of my car?" Michael asked himself

"What was this doing in the trunk of my car?" Michael asked himself. He then picked the shield up out of the box it was sitting in. But as he held the shield in his hands, he noticed that it felt light but also sturdy and strong. "I've never seen or felt a shield like this before, what is it made out of?"

While looking over the shield the other side had two leather straps attached to it so it could be held by putting the arm through one and your hand holding the other. Michael then held the shield by its straps getting a feeling for it. Then the door to the garage opened as Nick then walked inside looking for the WW1 veteran.

"Hey Michael, the Major wanted to see us for a meeting." Nick said but he then noticed the shield in Michaels hands. "What's that?"

"It's a shield I found in the trunk of the car." Michael answered then seeing some papers also in the box the shield was in. "I think this was something the white fang had stashed in the car to keep it hidden."