Chapter 18: Catching a Train to Vale!

Inside the broken building Michael and Ruby were holding off numbers of attacks from the white fang terrorist. But now the situation was getting desperate as they were surrounded from all sides and were cut off. They were being overwhelmed but soupier numbers and were on the verge of getting killed. The two then became cut off when a white fang grunt tried to flank them from behind before he got shot in the head by the WW1 veteran. 

"Well, we seem to be surrounded." Ruby pointed out as she reloaded the Springfield. "Any ideas on how we get out of this mess?"

Michael then fired a burst from his position then returned to cover to reply, "Well, I don't have anything useful in my head, how about you?" 

"Hmm, nope!" Ruby replied. "My mind is blank." 

"Well, we better think of something." Michael said. "Otherwise we are sitting ducks here."

Then a bullet barely missing the WW1 veterans head when it hits the stone pillar he is hiding behind as he went back into cover. It was then it became clear to the two that they weren't going anywhere unless someone came and saved them. Then one of the white fang grunts fired a rocket launcher at the building causing it to hit one of the support beams on the lower level causing the whole building to shake. 

Then other rocket was fired hitting another support beam in the building causing it to shake even more then before. This threat to the two made them think even faster then before as they had to come up with something quickly. It was then Michael thought up a idea so crazy it, it just might work. He then turned his attention to the young huntress in training to explain his idea.

"Ruby, I might have an idea to get out of this mess." Michael said catching Ruby's attention.  

"At this point I'll do anything, what is it?" She asked. 

"We are going to use our semblances and race over the place from one building to the other, that way we can tire them out and make it seem like to them we can't be stopped." Michael explained. "And Hopefully, our friends arrive just in time to save us." 

"Well, your plan is better then nothing I guess." Ruby said. "Lets do it!"

The two then made their way down to the first level only encountering a few white fang members and they were quickly dealt with. They then made their way to the entrance of the building and hid themselves just on the side of the doors. Michael then took a quick peek outside and saw a white fang grunt loading another rocket into his launcher. With fast thinking the marine veteran fired a burst with one of the .30-06 bullets hit the guy in the chest causing him to fall over and fire the rocket at a group of white fang grunts who were just getting to the scene.

The explosion also distracted many of the white fang grunts from Ruby and Michael as they thought someone had hit them from behind. Michael then saw their escape window and he turned his head to the young huntress in training. She then nodded to him in agreement and the two then took their hands with a firm grip and then raced out of the building right down the middle of the white fang forces. They white fang grunts didn't have time to react as the WW1 marine and the huntress in training sped by all of them as a white and red blur. But as they raced by Michael threw a grenade at one of the white fang members who was carrying explosives causing him to blow up a take a few other grunts with him.

Meanwhile with the others...

The sounds of gunfire and explosions were getting closer as Ryan, Alex, Yang, Blake, and Weiss were now on the ground level. Ryan was leading the charge as he had his M60 ready to fire at anything that would come across their path. The group then heard more explosions just up head and so they ran even faster in hopes of rejoining their missing teammates. Yang was the most worried of the group as she was hopping her little sister was okay.