Chapter 25: A dusty old Qrow vs A WW1 Jarhead

The quiet air around Beacon academy was then broken by the sounds of metal being clashed against each other. The scene then scrolled down to who was fighting in the academy courtyard causing quite a scene drawling in many students to watch. It turns out that the fight was between Michael and Qrow as the latter was fighting the WW1 veteran to see if it, he was worthy to date/protect his niece. Needless to say, this was something neither Weiss or Winter saw coming as they had the front row seat to the whole spectacle.

"Ugh... will you stop trying to kill me already?!" Michael shouted as he deflected another strike from Qrow.

"Oh no, if you're dating my niece you have to prove yourself to me!" Qrow answered back continuing his attacks on the WW1 veteran. "Prove to me that you are worthy to date her!"

Michael then deflected one of Qrow's strikes with his shield following up with a hard punch to the old man's face. However, Qrow Recovered quickly from the punch give the WW1 grinned looked as he raised up his sword for an overhead strike. Michael then reacted by jumping backwards right before the giant sword came down smashing into the concrete breaking it into many pieces. The old huntsman then looked up to see the WW1 veteran in the air jumping back, not wanting to let the jarhead get away he jumped after him.

Michael then landed on his feet as he slid back a bit before noticing that Qrow was charging at him with full intent to harm him. Bringing his shield up he was able to barely block the incoming attack from the drunk huntsman. Growing tired of this Michael then pulls out his M1911A1 and fired a couple of bullets at Qrow as the drunk huntsman deflected them with his sword.

"Oh, that's the way you want to play huh?" Qrow asked as he flipped a switch on his sword revealing the hilt having a gun barrel inside it. "Let's party!"

Qrow then fired a shotgun blast at the young Marine who in return raised his shield up blocking the blast although sending him sliding back a few feet. Recovering from the hit Michael then ran towards one of the tall style structures in the courtyard part of the school all the while dodging shotgun blasts from Qrow's weapon. Then reaching one of the pillars of the structure he then started running/climbing up the pillar until he reaches the top. At the same time Qrow climbed the structure next to the one Michael was on and as soon as they were both on the top of their structures, they fired at each other with their firearms.

Running on their structure's paths Michael and Qrow continued exchanging fire at each other as they ran, with Michael firing his M1911A1 and Qrow with his shotgun sword. Some of their shots came close to each other but never hitting each other. Then deciding to be more aggressive on the offensive the WW1 veteran then jumped high into the air using his semblance to fly directly at the drunk huntsman. Qrow saw the Marine jump straight at him and had no time to dodge as the WW1 veteran moved just as fast as Ruby did with her semblance. Slamming into the old huntsman they both took a fall back down to the ground slamming into the dirt with Qrow taking most of the fall damage.

Michael then performed a couple of backflips and gained some distance away from Qrow bringing up his shield and pistol as he straightens out on the ground just in case the old man tried to attack again. Coughing a couple times Qrow then stood up from where he had landed when he was rammed by the WW1 veteran wiping himself off from all the dirt that was on him. After wiping off the dirt off he then turns towards where Michael was standing his ground about 16 feet away from him. He then looked down at the ground and chuckled a little bit to himself causing the WW1 veteran to show a confused look.

"What's so funny old man?" Michael asked as Qrow then looked at him with a grin.

"You fight a lot like somebody I used to know, a long time ago." Qrow said flipping his sword back to its normal form. "And he used a shield just like yours."