Dream together

Grace's POV

Where the hell am I? Why is it hurting so much? 

I touched my neck, where I was feeling the pain. I felt nothing, no wound was there. I thought carefully and suddenly the pain intensified. I went on my knees. Everything went black after that.

.

.

I woke up from bright light. I opened my eyes to a very familiar scene. I am here again. This place looks the same. The sun was shining too brightly here. It's like it's just beside me but still the breeze was pleasant, not hot at all.

I started walking, looking all around to see if I could see her anywhere. I saw beautiful flowers and there I saw Dean.

He looked different. Devine, almost. He looked very handsome, so much so that I could not avert my eyes from him.

"You are here. I was worried for you." He said.

"Hmmm... What are you doing here? Is it real or are you my imagination too?" I asked. 

"I am as real as this place, your grace." He said bowing in front of me. 

Why is he being so formal? And why do I feel like he is trying to tell me something?

"You look very different." He said.

"How?" I asked.

"You look so beautiful, like some goddess. I could not look away from you." He admitted while his eyes were sucked with mine.

"I wanted to say the same. You look very different. That's why I thought that this was not real. Will we remember this dream too like the one we had before?"

"I hope so." He said. The pain suddenly struck again. "What happened?"

"I don't know why it hurts so much. Does it hurt this much after getting marked?" I asked.

"I don't know to be honest, because I didn't mark or got marked myself. But from what I heard and saw, it should not hurt this much and after so long. It just lasts for the second you got bitten, nothing after." He said as he moved his hair to look at the wound, but I know he won't find any.

"You..."

"I know, I didn't get his mark on me. What I don't understand is why is that?" I asked. He didn't say anything, just put my hair on my shoulder again. 

We were looking around when we felt this powerful presence near us. We looked around to find the lady in front of us.

Dean immediately went on her knees, I on the other hand just bowed in front of her. She smiled at us. She looked at me.

"Child, come to me. Let me look at your mark." The lady said. Her voice, I could never get over her voice. It really was serein as honey. 

"Mark?" I asked as unconsciously my hand went to my neck. I felt this void feeling. Her expression changed.

How does she know? I know she is the moon goddess, maybe she knows all.

"Yes, the same you get from your mate." I walked up to her. She moved her hands and the hairs from my shoulder slid away on their own. It was awesome. "I am sorry that you have to go through this pain. This is the sacrifice you have to give for being the Prophecy Child." She said as she looked at Dean. "Your trial will start soon too." She said to him.

What trial?

She started to walk in the field and we both followed her. "Today I called you both here to alert you and to tell you a few things. Which will help you in choosing the right path." She stopped and turned to us. "Do you know why you didn't bear his mark and why it hurts you so much when other mates feel connected and longing after getting marked?" She asked knowing that we know nothing. So, I just shook my head