A dream

Xander's POV-

What the hell is she saying? I will kill my mate and my beta, who is my best friend too.

"What are you telling them? Why would I do that?" I asked Alyssa.

"Alpha, please calm down. I was not talking about you. I was telling them a story. It's not about you." She said hurriedly.

It hurts so bad when you see your mate is scared of you. Like Grace is, from me. She trusts him more than me.

Dean was standing in between us.

How dare he? Who does he think he is? How did he dare to stop my way? Did Grace really think I would hurt her?

I roared when I saw he still was not moving from her side.

The conflict was clear on his face. I don't know what is going on but I understand that he is helpless. His body wants to obey his Alpha but his mind and his wolf's heart are determined to protect her.  But I am no threat to her, then why?

"Alpha, I and my wolf we both have been loyal to you, for all our life. I have always respected and obeyed you. But I don't know when I first saw her, I felt this pull. It is not a mate bond that's for sure. It is something more than that. I feel like now I have a reason to live. It is too strong that I was compelled to stand against you just because I felt that you were going to harm her." Dean said all of this so fast that it was hard to catch up. His hands were up in defense.

"You really thought that I would hurt my mate. I was waiting for her my whole life and you thought I could do anything to harm her." I said. I was in pain. I felt betrayed.

Did they really think that about me?

I can't take it anymore. I started to walk away. When someone took my little finger in their hand.

With the spark that went from my finger to all my body proved that it was Grace. With her one touch, all of my pain went away. I cannot be angry at her.

I looked at her. She was looking deep into my eyes. There were some unshed tears. The meaning of her action was clear.

She was sorry for making me feel like this. We really don't need words to converse. I can understand her.

"She is sorry. She hates to see you hurt." Dean said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"She wanted to tell you this." Dean replied.

"How would you know what she wants to tell me?" I asked. This is strange.

Why is he behaving like that? He is irritating me beyond the limit.

"I can hear her voice. What she wants to say I can hear it." Dean replied.

**********
Dean's POV-

I took one step back. I know Alpha was getting angry again.

I can hear his mate's voice but he can't. Obviously, he will get angry.

"Out" Alpha ordered me.

"Yes alpha." Grace is not in any danger now so I can step out of this room.

I have so much to find out. I went to the pack library. It's not ideally a library but all the old books which have our history are in here. I have to find more about this 'Luna and her protector' prophecy.

Our pack library is very big. It has all types of books. From educational to historical, from fiction to biographies.

I was looking for the history of all legendary Lunas or something similar to that. I don't know where to start. This is the best I could think of right now.