It's our thing

Xander's POV-

She can't talk. But that didn't make my affection any less for her.

Grace, her name is as beautiful as she is. When I said her name, her reaction was worth dying for. She is so cute. Her heartbeat got so fast that for a second I thought that she might faint from it.

As for werewolves, all our senses are heightened than humans.

My third in command mind linked me, he has something important to tell me. I told him I'm in the hospital room. He was nearby so he reached here fast.

I think Grace sensed him too because she stiffened suddenly and took my little finger in her hand. Her eyes were fixed to the door. I can hear her heartbeat getting fast.

Is she scared? But why? I'm here. But still, if she doesn't want anyone here, then no one will come.

I mind linked Rock, my third in command to go to the office I'll be there. We will talk there.

She relaxed a little when she didn't get any unfamiliar scent.

Alyssa, the doctor asked her that what happened, but she ignored her. She looked at Dean, my beta, he was still here. I don't understand why, but she is not scared of him. He is almost as big as I am. His expression is very rugged, but she still is looking at him without hesitation.

"Hello Luna, I'm Dean. I'll protect you with my life if I have to." Dean introduced himself in a very different way.

What the hell is he saying? But Grace smiled at that. She didn't smile for me, but she smiled at him.

I didn't know, I would ever feel jealous in my life, but here I am, wanted to beat the hell out of my beta.

She writes something on the notepad. She had shown it to Dean.

'Stay alive for long, so that you can protect me for long.'  She had written it for Dean.

I growled at Dean. Grace's grip tightened on my finger. Then I realized that she still was holding my finger.

She looked very scared of my anger but still didn't make any move to get away from me.

Alyssa chuckled at me. I frowned at her.

She dares to have fun in my misery.

"Alpha, I'm just saying, what my duty is. Protecting her is my priority and I know you want me to do that also. Then why are you getting jealous." Dean said.

Grace suddenly looked at me. Like she could not believe that I'm jealous of him.

"Yes, it's your priority to protect her but that hasn't involved flirting with her. She didn't smile at me once but at you." I said sulking.

Grace wrote something again.
'Are you mad at me?' She asked. Her question was as innocent as she was making her face at that time.

How can anyone be angry at something this cute?

"No, I'm not, dear." After saying that I kissed her head. She stiffened a little bit relaxed after a moment.

"I have to go now, Grace. I have some business to take care of. I'll be back by the evening. Alyssa will be with you all the time. If you need me, you can tell Alyssa, she will contact me. Okay?" I said.

Rock was waiting in the office. That matter is important to attend.

Grace looked down, frowning. She didn't let go of my finger. She started to panic. Alyssa tried to take Grace in her arms, but she moved closer to me.

What should I do? I can't leave her if she doesn't want me to. It's so damn hard to even think of leaving her alone here.

I tried to calm her down."Grace... Grace, listen, I'll be back soon. And if you need me, you can tell me anytime. I'll be here before you know it." She just shook her head. She was looking here and there, like looking for some kind of danger near her.

"Luna." Dean tried to get her attention, but she was so panicked to hear him.

"Grace" Dean shouted. Then she listened. He was not allowed to talk to his Luna like that. But I let it go, because the worry for her, was clear in his mind and eyes.

"Luna. If you want, I can stay here. I'll be just by the door. If Alpha didn't have important work, he would have stayed with you. You are in our pack. No one can harm you. Alpha will be within the reach. I'll be right by your side. There is nothing to fear. Okay?" Dean's word calmed her down.

How? Only mates can calm each other down. Only they share this divine bond. How could  Dean affect her this much? I'm sure that I'm her mate. We both can feel it, but I can clearly see that these two also share some kind of bond. I should be angry at it because no one and I mean it, no mate can withstand, seeing their mate have such a bond with someone else. It can make them go crazy, but I'm not feeling anything. My wolf is also very calm. In this type of situation, any wolf would go full-on wild of jealousy, but nor my wolf is showing any uneasiness, neither my heart feels any anger. I am feeling calm. This must mean something.

Rock had mind-linked me again. I have to go.

"Alpha, if you say, I will stay behind with Luna," Dean asked my permission.

I looked at Grace, she just looked at me. I got that she is okay with it but still didn't want to leave my finger.

This whole 'finger gripping' was like 'our thing'. I loved it.

"I'll be back soon, love." I kissed her temple With that I left my mate in Dean's care.

********
Hello, lovelies.
This is it.

In the next chapter, you will see a special bond between Grace and Dean.

See you then.