She needs me

Dean's POV

She has a mate. Why is she still feeling unsecured? Why does she need me? Alpha is more powerful than me without this power I was given to protect her. 

How can Goddess be this cruel to me? If she wanted to give Grace some other mate, then she should have made him her protector too, because that makes the scene. 

And if I should be the protector, then I should be her mate too. This is so unfair.

'Dean I know you can hear me.'

Leave me alone, I don't want to hear your voice because just hearing your voice is making me go all weak.

What the hell am I doing? The Moon Goddess gave me her responsibility and here I am hiding in the forest to hide my pain.

 I was roaming around the areas she was going by. Yes, I was still near her because I realized that it is more painful to stay away from her than to find out about my mate.

I went to a town nearby to stay the night there. It was a great place to get to know the updates. The Alpha and The Elder were traveling together, so it was a big deal, so everyone knew about it. The good thing was that no one still knew about Grace and her power. I don't know what will happen if they do.

And especially until I am with her.

I was having breakfast when I heard a group of men talking about some packs on the move. I had a very unsettling feeling. I looked back to look at the guys. They looked like a pack also, so I took the chance and went to join their conversation.

"What are you guys talking about?"

"From which pack are you from?" They enquired so I introduced myself.

"I am the beta of the Black Mountain pack. You might have heard of one or two things about my pack." They got visibly tense.

"We heard that a pack of rogues is heading towards the east. They might reach the Great River pack tonight."

"Do you have any idea of what their motives are?"

"No, but we were guessing that this could be because of the rumors."

"What the hell man, you should shut up now. Did you forget which pack he is from?" I don't know why they were whispering, knowing very well that our hearing capacity is higher than humans.

"Tell me the rumors." They looked hesitant. But Luca was not in the mood to play so my eyes changed to pitch black. They started blurting out everything in no time.

"Boss, we heard that the Luna of your pack is someone with uncanny powers. These types of rumors are on the lips of every werewolf from kids to old."

"So, what about her?"

"We don't know. It could be the reason they wanted to attack and maybe..." He stopped scared.

"Maybe what?" I kind of knew what he wanted to say, but I dare not even think of that.

"Maybe they were planning something for her. We really don't know. It's just something we heard."

I got up and walked out of that place. Maybe I was wrong about no one knowing about her.

'You have had enough of mourning. We are going to her, right now.' Eric was feeling unsettled and so was I.

'I know. What do you think I am doing; I need to get to her before them.' I replied as I stripped off my clothes.

'We have to reach there on time. It's our only objective to protect her.'

'I KNOW'

I was frustrated, not because of him, but because of my carelessness. I was running as fast as I could. The wind was combing through my fur, and my paws were printing on the bed of fallen leaves and wet soil. 

It was almost dusk by the time I came across the river that passed through their territory. That meant I was near. I trespassed their territory within a minute. Only to be surrounded by their warriors. 

There were a lot of them and they were encircling me. 

Do I have to fight them to reach her? Should I tell her? No, she will interfere, and I don't want her to speak to these below the humans. 

I decided to take it as practice for the lack of training for the last few weeks. I was already in my wolf form. I didn't want to attack at first so that I could later defend myself, later, telling them that it was in self-defense when I injured every one of them. I hope just no one died today.

.

.

.

I could feel her. There were many of them lying and moaning and I could tell that many more were coming. 

I think I should now call Alpha, otherwise, there will be a serious issue and I am tired too. I was too confident, I guess, because these pups got to me more than ones. 

I can tell she knows I am here. I can feel her getting excited.

'It's you, Dean, right?'

'Yes, my Luna.' Eric answered instead of me. He knows I am still not ready to talk.

'Eric, where are you?'

'Very close.'

'You are hurt.'

'Nothing serious, just a few scratches.'

'Sofia doesn't agree. You are hurt.' She was getting angry. Was she angry at me or for me? 'Where are you?' This time it was an order.

'Near the residence area of this pack.'

'I am coming to take you.'

'No' I strictly told her. She will get hurt. They all had their wolves out.

'You dare speak back to me.' This was Sofia. She was angry.

'No, my Luna. But you could...' But before I could finish, I smelled her scent from far ahead.

I was running towards her before anyone noticed her, but soon stopped in the middle.

'She...'

'You smelled that too?'

'She has completed her mating.' Eric went silent. Like blank. I could not feel him. Suddenly I was in my human form and a dozen wolves attacked me from all around.

"Dean..." That was the last thing I heard before going into oblivion.

'I will always be with you.'

'Dean, I am here for you.'

Was it all a lie? Why do I feel like she rejected me? If she is not my mate then why am I feeling like this?

'Eric, your human has developed emotions for another human. You have to remind him of his responsibility, your purpose.' It was the Goddess. 

'I will, Mother, her happiness is my priority and her protection is my eternal duty. I will deny any other feelings.'