It's been long

Grace's POV

I hate it. I hate the thought of going back there and they want me to go there.

I told Xander that he could go himself and ask whatever he wants.

Even Dean is not with me. I miss him so much. I can not even tell Xander directly that I don't feel safe without him being here. Only he knows that something is different with me.

I know I am being selfish. He is going through hell at the moment. I don't know where he is but I could still feel that he is hurt, lost, and at the moment uncertain about his purpose in life.

I know if I remind him that I am his purpose in life, he will hate me more. 

'Dean, can you hear me? I really need you. And I am sure that I can make the pain go away. So, please come back.'

"It's time, let's go." Xander came by the door and left with the luggage.

The Elders were standing in line in front of the gate. Everyone was present there.

"Your Majesty, we will be waiting for you to take the crown when you settle everything." One of them said.

"You all had forgotten your responsibility towards the crown and you started to believe that this crown is yours to take. I will not give you another chance if I caught you doing something against your Queen again." I left the palace. I turned around to give it a last look. 

Mother, Father, and all of my ancestors who have lived here, I didn't find a single clue on any of you. My path is still unclear. I still have doubts about myself, but I promise that I will find out the truth about you all.

I promised myself and left my real home for now. 

"Do we have him with us?" I asked Xander as we entered his car.

"Yes, Elder Smith of southern land will be traveling with us. His reputation is good and he seems to be loyal towards you." I nodded as he started the engine.

.

.

.

It took us a few days to reach the southern land. We were far in the eastern land of the continent. 

'Hey Dean, good morning again. I know you are listening and I know you can feel what I am going through right now. Please, today we will arrive at the pack. I really don't want to go there alone.'

"Hey, baby girl. You are up?" Xander asked as he kissed my forehead. 

Xander is my mate. He gives me a sense of safety, for sure. But after knowing the differences we have in our origins; I don't know what is waiting for me in the near future. I don't want him to get hurt. I don't know what kind of powers I have to face along with this journey. I have only one mate, I can not lose him just because I am not capable of protecting him.

Dean is the only other one from the world I belong to. I am still not confirmed what it is and where it is but I know for sure that it is not Earth. So only he can understand the sudden changes that I am going through. 

I smiled but didn't say anything. "You know, I am sure he is somewhere near us. He can never leave us alone. I am sure he knows that you are nervous about entering your old pack territory but..."

"There is no but here, Xander. You have no idea what terror I went through here and after when they served me to the rogues. It was hell. I can still feel the pain that I went through that time." I hugged myself tightly and Xander put his arms around me. "I had no idea what was happening to me at that time. But I knew one thing I didn't like it, I hated it. I hated myself. I wanted to die. I should have..."

"We are not going." Xander said in finality. His hug tightened. I felt a pang of sharp pain but it was not me, it was him. He was hurting. "No, we will go and I will finish the whole pack." He was angry now.

"No, you will not. Not everyone deserves to die there and have you forgotten; I am their Queen now? I have responsibilities now."

"Then let's show them their places."

"That we can do." I said. I felt Sofia getting ready to come out anytime now. 

We reached it in a few minutes. I could see that many men were standing and in front of them stood the new Alpha. They were at the border of Grand River Pack. 

'I hate him. Dean, we reached here. He is standing in front of me. Please come. I am begging you.'

I stayed behind. I didn't even get out of the car. Xander went there. I saw that he extended his hand to shake with Xander but Xander ignored him.

"I have talked about my objective to come here. I need to ask a few questions to the Beta family." Xander came directly to the point.

"Yes, why not. I am honored to be of any help." He was sucking up to Xander. I think I should get out now. I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car. Everyone turned to look at me. I was wearing a dress that Alyssa specially prepared for this meeting. It was making me look elegant and sophisticated. I had a few accessories on with the Royal ring with the kingdom's symbol in my hand.

Xander gave me an encouraging smile. Elder Smith was right behind me. We have already discussed this; he will not tell anyone about me being the Queen. 

 Don't call him Elder. He is here for you. You don't need to call him Elder.

Sofia said. Everyone on the other side noticed him and bowed in respect. Mr. Smith was awkward, he must be thinking of me at the moment. I nodded slightly.

"Elder, you are here. What could be so important that you yourself have to come here?"

"Let us in first." Ben the current Alpha of the Grand River Pack realized his mistake. He looked at me for a moment. I could see the doubts on his face. He might not even recognize me in this outfit and with so many important people. I am sure they believed that I was already dead.

We entered the residential area. I could recognize some of the houses but some were new. It's been years since I left the pack.

Alyssa was walking with me. Xander and Mr. Smith were walking with Ben.

Are you okay? 

Hmmm

If you feel uncomfortable tell me immediately. I will take you away.

Okay.

Xander was worried. He kept on peeking behind me. Someone collided with him. It was a girl. She was someone I knew. Xander saved her from falling. She was batting her eyes at him but I knew he didn't care. 

But that was not the reason I came forward to show her my presence. I have some unfinished business to settle with her. And now she gave me a good reason to remind her of the place.

She looked at me and her eyes widened but she covered up her shock really quickly. She had the guts to smirk at me. 

"So, the rumors are true. You really are not dead. But what are you doing here again? And especially with Alpha Xander." She came closer to me and said, "Well I do hear about you being his mate but that can't be true, right." She went back to Xander. "Alpha Xander, why didn't you reject her yet?"

And that's it.

*************

Hello, Sweeties, here I am with another update. Hope you liked the chapter. See you next.