1⛈

"How freaking convenient"

Sunghoon huffed on his way out of his job. He was on his way to pick up his son, Sunoo, from his daycare. They just randomly called him telling him he had to get Sunoo or the police would take him.

He hurried out of his car passing a few other parents, also getting their kids. What was going on? He spotted his three year old playing with another kid in front of the daycare.

"Sunoo! Are you okay?" He immediately scooped up his baby glad nothing bad happened to him. The three year old was especially happy to see his dad obviously unaware of what's happening.

"I'm okay, daddy but we have to wait for Jungwonnie's daddy to, okay?"

Sunghoon looked at the slightly younger boy in front of the daycare before looking at Sunoo again.

"Is Jungwonnie your friend?" Sunoo nodded and Sunghoon sat him back down to play while waiting for his parents to come.

"Little kitten!"

A slightly taller man came running toward the younger baby boy, he was wearing a suit same as Sunghoon with the same worried but thankful expression in his face.

"Hey, Sunoo. Are you guys okay?" The man says.

"You know my son?" Sunghoon asks.

"You must be Sunoo's dad. I'm Jay, Jungwon's dad, we never seem to catch each other but I see Sunoo all the time"

"Well, Nice to meet you, I'm Sunghoon"

Jungwon tugs on Jay's sleeve to get his attention "Daddy, why are you here so early? Why are all of me and Ddeonu's friends leaving?"

Sunoo also looks at Sunghoon "Daddy I want to stay and play with Wonnie!" He whines in frustration. Sunghoon turns to Jay "Do you happen to know anything?" Jay shakes his head as the front door opens.

A man stands in the door way holding a baby in his arm, the baby was younger than one years old still. Jay seemed to recognize the man

"Jake, Do you know what's going on?"

Jake slowly closed the door moving toward them with slow movements. He looked pale and shocked, which concerned the two males before him.

"What's wrong?" Jay asks

"My grandma had a heart attack... and died" Jake finally let out. He sat down with his baby trying not to cry in front of the children but it was hard.

Sunghoon was so confused, while Jake sat in his silence he pulled Jay to the side. "Who is his grandma?" He whispers.

"Jake's grandma owned and ran the daycare"

Sunghoon gasps and became embarrassed for being ignorant. How could he not know about the owner of his son's daycare?

"Uncle Jake, what's wrong?"Jungwon whined, he couldn't understand why his funny, loud and playful Uncle was so quiet and sad.

"Daddy, why is uncle so sad?" Sunoo asks and Sunghoon felt bad that he couldn't answer. He realized that Jake was the one who called him from his job and he was no longer angry.

"Something bad happened, papa"  Sunghoon managed to say.

✡︎✡︎✡︎✡︎✡︎

After the paramedics came and picked up Jake's grandma, the men and their sons went into the house. They let the kids play while the figured out a plan.

They all had common problem, They all needed a babysitter and they need one fast.

"Where are we gonna find a babysitter that's as affordable as grandma's?" Jay asks aloud.

Jay was right compared to other daycares this was basically free and she genuinely loved the kids, according to Jay.

Sunghoon was stressed, he left work early which meant he was losing money and Sunoo had no caretaker. His wife would be so pissed at him, another reason why Sunghoon was irresponsible.

"I might have someone that can help" Jake finally says ending his moments of silence. "It might work since it's just the three of us"

'The three of us'? Sunghoon looked up at him "You're willing to help me?" He asks.

"Yeah... I may not know you as well as Jay but me and my grandma really love Sunoo and Jungwon. She would want me to help you both" he explains with glossy eyes.

"Thank you so much"

✡︎✡︎✡︎✡︎✡︎

"Come on, papa" Sunghoon put Sunoo down to unlock his apartment door that reveals his angry wife on the couch.

"Mommy!" The toddler ran to his mom who greeted him with hugs and kisses.

"Sunoo, go and watch tv while I make dinner, okay?" He pouted rubbing his eyes. "But I wanna hangout with mommy" "not right now, okay"

She tapped his butt twice and he finally gave in skipping to his room to watch his tv.

"Why are you home so late? Did you forget Sunoo at the daycare again!" She says angrily.

"No! His caretaker passed away" Sunghoon said and Jisoo's eyes softened. "Is the family okay?" She asks with concern.

"I spoke with her grandson who helped with the kids but I don't know" Sunghoon says "I need you to watch Sunoo tomorrow" he says quietly.

"Why? What happened to the other daycare we looked at he can go to one of those" Jisoo says calmly, until Sunghoon looks at her with confusion.

"What other daycares?" He asks.

"Sunghoon, I have work tomorrow! You should be more responsible as the man of this family! I gave you other daycare's information in case this one didn't work out and you don't have it!"

"I didn't think the lady would die on the kids!" Sunghoon defends himself but Jisoo rolls her eyes.

"You don't ever think Park Sunghoon! Never!" Jisoo started raising her voice making Sunoo run in the room.

"Why are you screaming, Mommy? Are you okay?" Sunoo asks his voice full of innocence.

Jisoo ignores him and his father, grabbing her keys "Where are going, Jisoo?" Sunghoon asks irritated.

"Going out! Be responsible and cook your son's dinner!" She slammed the door, the loud noise makes Sunoo cry.

"Where mommy going, daddy? Tell her come back" he cries. Sunghoon aggressively combs through his hair before picking up Sunoo.

"It's okay, she'll be back... don't cry, papa"

✪✪✪✪✪

Heeseung goes to answer his door and is met with baby Niki and a red eyed Jake. He immediately pulls him in taking the baby.

"What are you doing here so late? What happened?"

Jake sat on his best friend's sofa and cried heavily for the second time today. To avoid Niki waking up Heeseung put him in his room.

"Jake, what's wrong? You gotta talk to me!" Heeseung pleaded but Jake couldn't stop, he'd been holding in too much pain and had finally reached his breaking point.

Realizing this, Heeseung let him cry it out and didn't try to force him to talk. He let Jake get it all out, even shedding a few tears himself. He hated seeing Jake like this.

✡︎✡︎✡︎✡︎✡︎

"Jake, I'm so sorry. Shit, what are you gonna do about grandma's daycare?" Heeseung rubbed his back.

"They'll clean the house, probably flip it and then sell it" Jake sniffed. Since Jake didn't live there he didn't necessarily have rights over it that he knew.

"What about the kids? She really loved them"

"... Heeseung, I need your help" Jake started "Could you watch Niki for me?"

"Of course! Whatever you need"

"Heeseung... I need one more thing. It would mean a lot to grandma and I"

"Sure, What is it?"