13☀️

"Son, I just want to know... Why are we up right now?" Jake asks almost 10 month old Niki as he was changing his diaper to keep himself awake.

"Would it be okay for Dada to sleep through the night with you? No? No? Okay" Jake was extremely bored, so he decided to turn on the tv for Niki.

He learned from the last time just sitting with Niki in the dark is a dangerous gamble to play when Niki ended up at the edge of the bed as soon as he woke up.

He played cocomelon hoping Niki would listen to it and sit but he didn't, he clapped and blabbered along with the show. He would look back to Jake sometimes to make sure Jake was watching him.

Jake would laugh and Niki would go back o blabbering and clapping. Jake wanted to call Heeseung and he did, with no answer. This made him think about Jay.

He wanted to call someone. He needed to talk to someone, he would be so embarrassed if Jay got mad at him but Heeseung wasn't answer and Jake would even settle for listening to Jay breathing.

So he called Jay.

Jay answered.

"Jake? Is this really you?"

"Yes..."

"Are you okay...? Why are you calling so early..?" Jay's voice was deliciously deeper, Jake was blushing.

"I'm up with Niki. I'm sorry, I just wanted to talk to someone because I'm bored"

"Uhm... Okay" there's shuffling "its- its- sure. I'll talk to you, Jakey"

"Jay... I'm confused about something"

"I'm listening"

"How do you feel about a previously fully straight man now question his sexuality for his like- best friend?"

"I... I don't feel anything. I've been unlabeled all my life so I just suggest that man do what's best for him"

Jake sighs "Did you have a dream?"

"Yes. About Jungwon"

"Can you tell me about it?"

"Sure. He was maybe 12 or 13 and he wouldn't talk to me. He kept saying he wanted to talk to someone else, his other dad. And I'm so confused because I barely allow him around his mom but never a boyfriend of her's I'd kill someone before that happens so could it be my... future lover? That Jungwon would rather talk to than me. He'd like them? I just- aish!"

"What happened?"

"Jungwon just lodged his face into my chest and now he's squeezing me"

Jake looks at Niki, who long ago quit blabbering and clapping just to stare at Jake who wasn't paying attention to him. At all.

"It's cute you sleep with Wonnie"

"It's cute when I stay sleep"

"I'm really sorry, I won't do this again"

"No, just not often but I really don't mind. I don't know why I'm surprised because Niki is little but yeah, I don't mind. Really, Jakey"

"... Okay. Niki's just staring at me because I'm not paying attention to him"

"Let me talk to him"

Jake puts his phone on speaker and slides it over to the baby, smiling "Go on, Jay"

"Niki-ah" Niki looks at Jake before looking at the phone quizzically, wondering where Jay's voice is coming from. "Niki, what are you doing, bud?"

Niki looks at Jay, utterly confused. "He's confused. He hears you but he sees my phone" Jake says fondly. "I'll facetime you" Jay hangs up.