21🌦️

Heeseung called Jay and Jake over two hours earlier to set up Sunoo's party decorations. "How can I help, Daddy?! I wanna help!" Jungwon pleads to Jay. "Uhmm..." Jay looks around for something for to occupy Jungwon.

"Wonnie! Could you help me by watching Ni-ki?" The three year old jumps excitedly "Ok! Ok!" He says and hurriedly sits next Ni-ki trying to entertain him. "Thanks Jakey" Jay sighs with relief. "No problem" Jake says before walking over to Heeseung.

"How's it going so far?" He asks.

"Just fuc- freaking fine"

✨✨✨✨✨

"Papa" Sunghoon calls softly waking up Sunoo "It's your birthday" he says, lifting Sunoo into a sitting position. Sunoo started talking to him again but it wasn't even a fourth of how much they use to talk, and it crushes Sunghoon.

"You're such a big boy now. You're 4 now!" Sunghoon says with enthusiasm but Sunoo doesn't respond only rubbing his eye with his chubby fist and staring at Sunghoon. "I'm 4" Sunoo finally says in a monotone.

"Yeah and I have a surprise for you, so you gotta get up okay, Papa?" "Okay" Sunoo says before Sunghoon kisses his chubby cheeks. "I love you so much, Papa" Sunghoon says but the, now, 4 year old doesn't respond to him.

He picks Sunoo up to get him ready and went to check on Jisoo. "You should start getting ready now" he says. Jisoo looks up at him from their shared bed, which he didn't sleep on either, and nods "okay"

He never got around to telling everyone about Jisoo's impromptu self invite but Heeseung found out on accident during his phone call with Sunoo. He knew Heeseung didn't like Jisoo very much, even though he'd never met her.

As he went to get clothes to look for from the room he and Jisoo shared he almost tripped on a bag. Irritated, he picked up the bag "Jisoo?!" He calls going into the bag and pulls out a couple shirts. "What?" she calls before her eyes blow wide.

"Did you get these for me?" He asks with a slight smirk, a mix of curiosity, amusement and a bit of happiness, at the thought of Jisoo trying to fix their relationship, play on his face as Jisoo's drains of color. "Uh... yeah... I was gonna surprise you..."

Sunghoon nods but stays silence trying to process this, the shirts weren't really his style, they looked more suited for older men but he decided that it truly was that thought that counts. "I love them" he finally says "Thank you, Jisoo" he smiles.

He takes the blue shirt and exits the room not even catching the Jisoo's upset look

✨✨✨✨✨

"WHAT?!" Jake says after Heeseung tells him what he found the other day "So he wasn't gonna tell us?" He asks and Heeseung shrugs. "That's not the point. The point is I don't like her and I wish she wouldn't come at all" Heeseung groans.

"To be fair... that is her son and she should be there for his birthdays" Jake says, Heeseung glares at him but doesn't say anything knowing he's right. "Whatever" he finally says as Jay walks in. "I've finished all my tasks, are you guys done?"

Jake nods but Heeseung remains quiet "Heeseung you alright?" Jay asks. "Yeah... just double checking everything... I need to get the cake!" Heeseung says suddenly "Shit! I need to pick them up soon" "It's fine, Jay or I can get it" Jake quickly interjects.

"I can watch the kids if you wanna go Jakey" Jay says and Jake nods before looking at a rushing and panicked Heeseung. "Hey, Hee calm down. I'll just go, make sure you get here before me" Jake says calmly as he takes the keys from Heeseung.

Once Jake is out the door Heeseung sits with a sigh next to Jay before calling Sunghoon.

"Hey, Sunghoon"