23☁️

Jake shouts.

No shrieks his heart out, for no reason, making Ni-ki jump. "Oh, my baby! I'm so sorry. Did I scare you?" He asks picking up the wide eyed baby and laying him on his chest. "I need help, Ni-ki. How am I supposed to do this all by myself? Huh?"

He says now hovering Ni-ki above himself. "Ni-ki?! Why can't you help me?" He exclaims with a pout. Now that things seemed to be looking up Jake decides that it's time to go back to planning his grandma's funeral. It needed to be done, she deserved a good one. She wrote a will.

She wrote it to him, of course.

It was a few pages long, three actually. He refused to read the first and last one. The first starts of with: My Dear Yun-ah. Couldn't get past that sentence without crying so he put it back in the envelope and the last one is the distributions and for some reason he didn't want to look at the one either. He didn't want to read any of it.

He wished, very much, that this was a dream and that he could wake up and his grandma be there for him and Ni-ki like he needed her to be, like she was. Jake is crying now, he had to force himself to read the second page, it was her pre-arrangements. She wants a bunch of flowers.

Specifically Marigolds, which is ironic because they symbolize life and death, if Jake remembers correctly. It actually wasn't ironic because his grandma was super into flowers, she chose them because they were Jake's 'favorite'. He laughed through the tears, remembering that day.

She had taken him to a flower shop, for some reason when she had her own, he wasn't feeling the best that day, his parents had died only a year ago, he just wanted to go home and lay down but she insisted that looking at flowers would make him feel better, it didn't but she was trying her best so he indulged her.

She finally told him he could pick any flower he wanted and then they would go home. That cheered him up quickly and he picked the only flower he could remember the name of. "I want an orange marigold" he said after a realistic pause and she asked him why.

"Because... it's my favorite" he said shyly. "How beautiful, this flower not only represents your Zodiac but also the beauty of life and death" she said and he began to frown, he hated death. "You were having a hard time missing your parents today weren't you?" She asks, hugging him and he started sobbing against her.

She told him it was okay to be sad and he could always let her know if he was upset or hurting even if it was at her because she loved him.

Ni-ki was biting Jake's chin, bringing him back to the present with slight pain. He had a couple of teeth now albeit they're small they still hurt. He gently tickled the baby and he was released from Ni-ki's gummy clutches. He seriously needed get started, he would ask Heeseung or Jay but he didn't want to depress them with it. He needed a few days to himself and Niki.

✨✨✨✨✨

Jay was coming to pick up Jungwon but he didn't see Niki just Jungwon and Sunoo and it had been like this for the past three days. Jay finally decided to ask Heeseung about it. "Hey, uh... have you talked to Jake? It's been 5 days since I've seen him or heard from him" he says.

Heeseung opened his mouth then closed it before shaking his head, Jay thought it was weird. "Is something wrong?" Jay asks. "I'm not sure. Have you tried reaching out to him?" Heeseung asks. He hasn't. Before Jay could even respond Sunghoon came through the door.

Heeseung playfully glared at Jay before looking at Sunghoon "Sunghoon?! What are you doing here? I was gonna pick you up" Heeseung rambles as Sunoo jumps on his father's legs. "Daddy" Sunoo exclaims reaching up, Sunghoon picks him up and kisses his forehead.

"Go back to playing with Jungwonnie, okay? I need to talk to Seunggie" Jay stood in a shocked silence as if he wasn't even there, he was gonna leave but Sunghoon looked serious and needed Jungwon to distract Sunoo. "Sunghoon? What's wrong? Is everything alright?" Heeseung asks again. Sunghoon took a deep breath before answering.

"Heeseung, I appreciate what you've done for me, I really do" Heeseung was getting worried and confused "I know you said you wanted to talk but I know what you're gonna say and it won't be necessary" Heeseung shook his head slightly. And if things were going the way he thought Sunghoon didn't know anything at all.

"because I won't be able to let Sunoo come here anymore" he says and Jay's face drops, he definitely wasn't being nosey or anything. "What? Why not? Sunghoon... we had a whole plan. I told you it was fine" Heeseung says raising his voice a little. Jay finally took the kids to a different room, he's sure he'll still be able to hear from there.

"I know but-" Sunghoon starts. "But what?! I said it's fine so it's fine and you have no idea what I want to talk about you're just jumping to conclusions!" Heeseung says. "I'm not! I know it's not fine, Heeseung. What else could you wanna talk about?!" Sunghoon says voice raised.

"You said it was about Sunoo" Sunghoon says. Heeseung sighs heavily "I know. I know I just-" he takes another deep breath "It's not about Sunoo. I just wasn't sure if I should go through with it but I knew I wanted to talk" he lets out a breathy nervous laugh and combs through his hair.

"If I'd known you would've been paranoid all day I wouldn't have said anything" he says and starts pacing. Sunghoon grabs him to stop his pacing "Wait. Then what did you want to talk about?" Sunghoon says and Heeseung looks up at him. Before he could say something a door closed and Sunghoon backed away from him. It was Jay.

"Can you just call me when you're ready for me" he says awkwardly "I'm gonna go find Jake" Heeseung nods as he walks by "I'll... close the door this time" he says before leaving and Heeseung went to lock it. "Heeseung" Sunghoon calls "You were saying?" He asks.

"It's actually about Jisoo"

✨✨✨✨✨

Jake's phone was... somewhere. He'd lost it yesterday and didn't bother looking for it. It was dry anyway. Niki was asleep. So he was alone essentially which is what he needed. What he thought he needed. What he actually needed to do was create an obituary but he was afraid it would be disappointing.

His mother was an only child just like he was and all his relatives were still alive he barely knew them. They didn't approve his grandfather and so his grandparents ran away together but his grandfather died when his mom was 15. It made him said thinking about it, almost everyone he loved and loved him left him by death.

Maybe he was the problem.

He laughed sorrowfully, what was he thinking?! Liking Jay? Jay was a good friend and Jake would be too greedy to try and ask more of him. He's already messed his own family and someone else's but he refused to do it to Jay. Jay was too good and he was too scared. Jake heard a knock.

Heeseung finally noticed his absence, he quickly wiped his face and went to answer the door. It was Jay. Of course it was. Jake's eyes watered instantly. "Jake? Jakey " Jay calls making Jake blink back to reality. "Yeah. Come in" he says. "We haven't talked in almost a week, I know something is wrong" Jay rambles.

"You look like you're about to cry" Jay says slow and quietly. "Jay..." Jake takes a shaky deep breath.

"We can't be friends anymore"

HI GUYS ITS ALMOST MIDNIGHT WHERE I AM AND ITS A LITTLE SHORTER THAN I WANTED BUT NO STRESS IM WORKING ON THE NEXT CHAPTER NOW AND I WANTED TO PUT SOMETHING OUT NOW RATHER THAN MAKE YOU GUYS WAIT ANOTHER WEEK OR SO 😊  LAST I POSTED WAS EARLY MARCH AND WERE ALREADY HALFWAY THRU APRIL SO SORRY BUT ANYWAYS THINGS ARE GETTING SCARIER POOR JAYKE THEYRE NOT SAFE EITHER ANYWAYS HOPE YOU WERE ENTERTAINED SEE YA LATER GOODNIIIIIIGHT