26 - The Burning

"I'm done with all of this. I'm done. This has gone on long enough. But I need your help."

"Of course. Anything for you."

~~ April 30, 2014 ~~
~ The Hospital ~
~~
~

"Ugh..." Mika groaned as she opened her eyes, only to be met with darkness. Where was she? She sat up, shutting her eyes as a light assaulted them, before slowly opening them back to the darkness. "...what?"

And then she remembered those headlights. Was this the afterlife? Was she dead? Is this what happens when you finally die.

"You're awake!" Somebody gasped, running over. "How are you feeling?"

"What's going on..?" Mika asked.

"Oh honey..." The person sadly said. "You were messed up pretty badly by that car. You got mostly out of the way in time, but..."

"What's happened to me...?" Mika let out a course whisper.

"...you've lost your eyesight." The person sadly admitted. "And both of your legs. Your legs were hit by the car and became too mangled up. As for your eyes, somewhere along the crash they were badly damaged. You now have a scar which goes like this."

Mika realized she couldn't feel her legs.

The person touched her face, making her slightly flinch. They trailed a horizontal line across her face which went through both eyes.

"We don't know if it was the ground, or some stray metal..." The person continued to speak. "But it took out both of your eyes. I'm so sorry."

"No..." Mika gasped. Tears started to fall from her eyes. She would never be able to see again? Would she not even be able to walk, either?

That damn car. She had checked, and there was nobody. Why had that car appeared, going that fast, at a red light. It had to been intentional.

"W-what about the person driving...?" Mika slowly asked.

"They died in the crash." The person informed. "After you were hit, they swirled out of control into a nasty wreck."

Mika wasn't sure how to feel about it. Happy? Sad? She just felt...empty. Lost.

"Your family is here to see you, if you want." The person stated.

"...please." Mika nodded.

The person walked away, she could tell from the footsteps. Not long after multiple footsteps came through, before multiple people rushed to her side.

"Are you okay?" Her mother worriedly grabbed her, rubbing her head. "I was so worried...I was so worried."

Her father grabbed her hand, rubbing it. "We're here for you now. I heard about it...it'll be tough going forward, but you have us, alright?"

Tears flowed down Mika's cheeks, before she broke down crying in her parents arms. After she talked with her parents, sister, and brother, they gave her some time to be alone.

Well, alone with one other.

"Mika?" Hiro spoke up for the first time.

"Himitsu? You were here?" Mika gasped. "You didn't have to come for me..."

"Of course I do." Hiro stated, sitting next to her bed. He grabbed her hand, making her heart skip a beat. "You helped me, now I'm going to help you."

"Help...me...?" Mika asked, confused.