39 - The Beginning

~Beginning of Act 3 - Bloody Hearts

Hiro Himitsu. She hadn't heard that name in a long time.

~~ October 7, 2011 ~~
~ Fusanori Middle School ~
~~
~

A young middle school girl walked down the sidewalk, heading to her school. She had short black hair which went down to her shoulders, with a yellow hair clip on one side of her bangs.

It was another normal day for Susu Sayanako. Go to middle school, try to pay attention in classes, talk with friends, go back home, fall asleep, and then do it all again.

It wasn't like she hated her life. It was quite nice. But it was also boring. That's why she would read light novels and manga in her free time. It gave her a chance to explore those exciting worlds.

Maybe it was because it was such an ordinary day that she took an interest in Hiro Himitsu. Until today, she had thought nothing of him besides another classmate.

But that would slightly change.

She remembered it clearly, funnily enough. She was struggling with a math problem when Hiro attempted to help.

And then proceeded to get it wrong too.

She found it so funny, how embarrassed he was. And in some way, that ended up being the start of their friendship. Something so mundane and simple, just like her life.

And they ended up being great friends for the rest of middle school. And her feelings had grown a little further than she had anticipated. But by the time she realized, it was too late.

He had already moved.

Maybe she would've tried harder had she realized sooner. But alas, what was done was done and her first crush escaped into the wind.

Susu had never found herself liking someone else since then. All of the people she ended up dating just never worked out. She thought maybe it was because they first needed to make a connection as friends for a while, but none of them seemed to agree with that.

So she had taken to not having a boyfriend. It wasn't like she needed one. She graduated highschool, and became a single office lady in Kiken, where she met her next closest friend.

Hana Oen.

Despite being a fellow office lady, she had kept her gyaru look from her highschool days. It brought her strange and odd looks, but she never seemed to care.

Susu admired that about her.

She was so strong. A friend of hers died, she had a falling out with another, and had to work as an office lady. Still didn't let that stop her.

And then Susu heard Hana utter those words...those words that brought back so much nostalgia.

"Wait, you knew him Susu?" Hana asked her in surprised.

Susu lightly smiled as old memories resurfaced, just as fresh as the day they were made. "That's why I was so surprised to hear you talk about him...and his death. I was friends with him in middle school, but he had to move and we never talked again."

"I'm sorry you had to find out this way, then." Hana awkwardly rubbed her arm.

Susu looked at the grave, staring holes into that name. It had hurt when she heard. But she hadn't seen him in so long...they had become almost strangers by now.