44 - The Questions

He smiled as he approached the school. His first year at Highschool, and this time, he was going to take things slow. Relax. He wasn't going to be the outcast like in middle school. He'll be like every other student.

Like he could play baseball! A very normal highschooler thing to do.

He'll be normal.

~~ July 16, 2019 ~~
~ Kiken Police Station ~
~~
~

Sora was sitting in the chair across from the police officer, nervously fiddling with his hands under the table. Hopefully all of his preparations he had made before the night would work.

"I hope you understand that this questioning is to get more answers about this situation." The police man stated. "It's a strange situation, and with it being the daughter of the Giyo Enterprises' CEO who was murdered, they're going to want all the details."

"I understand." Sora nodded.

"So...from your point of view...what happened?" The police officer asked.

"Well, I'm a new hire, and today was finally my first day." Sora lied. "I was hired alongside Akari Sumiko, a girl I knew from Highschool. We got in the elevator to start, and the first button she pressed was Miss Giyo's floor."

"I didn't remember that being one we were assigned to, but Sumiko insisted she was told to do that floor." Sora continued. "Since we got along in Highschool, I trusted her and thought maybe they forgot to tell me. I shouldn't have."

Sora sighed. "We got up to Miss Giyo's floor. At the time I didn't know that it was her floor. I missed the plaque on the door since Sumiko opened it quickly. I don't know why it was unlocked."

"We entered the house, and I started to clean near the entrance, starting with the hallway and moving to the kitchen." Sora spoke. "Sumiko started cleaning another area. It's when I heard a scream I ran over."

"Miss Giyo's daughter was screaming at something happening in another room." Sora added. "From my angle I could see past her into the room, where Sumiko was standing over the bed with a knife."

Sora fake-shivered. "I closed the door as Sumiko lunged at Miss Giyo's daughter, locking her inside. I then grabbed Miss Giyo's daughter and ran out of there."

"I see." The police officer nodded. "And that's your side of the story?"

"Yes." Sora nodded.

He could feel a cold sweat moving down his spine as she watched the police officer touch his earpiece. The police officer started to have a conversation with his coworkers. Sora only caught bits and pieces of it, but it was hard to think about it when he was so nervous.

It had to have worked. It may have been a little rushed, but that would be fine unless an expert examined it. Luckily, he should be set free and able to edit it further before an expert looks at it.

He'll be fine. Akari will get what she deserves.

"Miss Sumiko's story doesn't line up with yours..." The police officer suddenly said to Sora.

Sora silently sucked in a breath.

"...however, we checked the camera situated outside of Miss Giyo's living spaces, the only one available on that floor, along with the one in the elevator." The police officer continued.