part 8

N A N D I N I

Madhyam looked at Manik utterly surprised for a while on how much Manik trusted me and he hated that. He wants me and he didn't want to lose me. I don't know how the guy I found myself falling for turned out this way.

"You think you know her? You don't know anything about her Manik. She is not the one you think-" Madhyam was about to continue but before that Manik landed his fist straight on Madhyam's nose that I almost winced at the sound when I heard a cracking sound.

Tears immediately formed in my eyes. How worst the guy can be, he is someone I love and seeing my husband beating him didn't do any better to me.

Madhyam fell down with the force of the punch. Manik pulled him up again and looked at dangerously, his eyes of pure hatred for Madhyam that let the tears fall down from my eyes. It almost hurted me physically looking at it like that.

Mukti pulled me from my brother's arms and hugged me tight not letting me see anything but I forcefully broke the hug to look at them.

Manik held Madhyam's collars and at that moment, he looked like a monster who was hurting Madhyam, my first love.

My head almost started to spin. I palmed my head with my hand and Manik was about to punch Madhyam again making me close my eyes tightly.

I can't see him bleed. I can't see him scream and hurt. I waited for him to scream but it never came.

I opened my eyes slowly that were flowing continuously to find Manik looking at me, his whole body shaking with anger as he held Madhyam's collar with one hand and his other hand so close to Madhyam's face in a fist.

Manik was so damn angry that veins popped out on his hands and neck, his jaw clenched so tight that I thought it will break and his eyes blood red as he held Madhyam tight and was looking at me.

I shook my head in no, biting my lip which was trembling due to fear. I hate it when people are angry. I easily get scared at angry people.

He closed his eyes for a second and opened them trying to take deep breaths to control himself and I'm touched with that. He is trying to control his anger for me.

"Dhruv, take this guy and keep him in one of our warehouses I'll deal with him tomorrow and throw his friends into any police station with any case you want to file them with" Manik said as he broke the eye contact with me making me breath in relief.

I didn't know I was holding my breath for him to calm down and I could feel how fast my heart is beating. I'm surprised I didn't got a cardiac attack by now.

He almost threw Madhyam on the ground making me flinch in my place.

I slowly walked to him and held Manik's hand slowly scared that he would jerk me away and he immediately snapped his head towards me making me close my eyes tightly waiting for him to do something.

I opened my eyes when I felt him entwine our hands and held mine more tightly than before and pulled me a bit closer to him.

"Everyone go inside fast" Abhimanyu said and everyone nodded their head and walked inside not before glancing at Madhyam for the last time.

Manik kept holding my hand and breathing slowly. Madhyam was looking at me with certain kind of emotion in his eyes that I shuddered at the look and immediately turned away.

"Madhyam singhania, I swear to god, if you try coming close to her ever again in your life, I promise you won't see the next sunrise" Manik said before holding me and walked inside as I looked at him surprised and followed him still holding his hand.

When I entered I saw everyone standing on both sides of doors as if they were welcoming us and even showered us with flowers. What a cute way to make a bad time good one. I thought people will judge me for this. Thank you aiyappa.

I turned behind to find Mukti Hugging Abhimanyu making me open my mouth wide. What the actual muffin?

I shook my head well aware of the silly smile on my face as I sat on the mandap and Manik sat beside me and I flashed him the same smile and a look of surprise flashed on his face making me chuckle internally.

That's when I looked around the surroundings. The hall was decorated with a golden white theme with red roses everywhere.

Many pictures of Mine and Manik's hung in the background of the mandap we are sitting in and music blasting everywhere.

The round tables randomly in the hall and chairs around them for guests to have lunch there itself seeing the marriage and kids running around laughing and chasing eachother. No face was there without smile that made me smile wholeheartedly after long.

Pandit asked us to stand up to take pheras and I this time, stood up by myself. I like it or not, I can't stop this. I understood so I have to do this with or without my will. Like this, I at least won't hurt anyone else.

Mukti came and tied the knot with Manik's outfit and the end of my pallu. Manik patted her head affectionately making me smile.

God bless her. He held my pinky finger with his and started to take the pheras, I kept my head down looking at my steps so that I won't fall and embarass myself in between these people.

After that I stood infront and took pheras, Manik held my lehenga carefully with his other hand.

After done with pheras, he made me wear garland and I did the same to him, his usual happy face is not as happy as he should be.

Maybe the fight upset him. I don't know what is happening with me. Pandit jii announced that it's time for kanyadaan after telling that we are husband and wife.

Tears immediately welled up in my eyes hearing kanyadaan. I turned to my left to find all our friends standing there, Alya, Navya, Mukti, Abhimanyu, Cabir and Dhruv in a straight line who were smiling at us goofily.

Abhimanyu seemed a bit off and I know I have to talk to him about this. I know what he is actually thinking that made me cry and I bursted into tears.

I know everyone thinks I'm crying because of kanyadan but this time, I'm crying for my brother.