62

Manik

My heart started beating again when I saw her. When the staff from the cafeteria apologised, I assumed the worst of it.

Thinking she might be hurt, burnt, got coffee all over her or slipped. My heart literally dropped to the ground until my eyes fell on my woman, who was making coffee and talking to the employees.

As if feeling my heavy gaze, her eyes roamed around before they fell on me, her eyes widened as she kept the milk cup aside before she flashed a nervous smile, her eyes looking away.

I fisted my hands, my jaw set tight as I saw a male employee approaching her, his smile flirty and his eyes roaming around her body.

"Nandini" I called her loudly and everyone's heads snapped to me, they instantly backed away except the guy who was near my wife. He stood right there without moving.

Gritting my teeth, I walked to her in long strides and she took a deep breath, like she was getting ready for whatever it is.

Clasping my fingers around her wrist, I pulled her towards me, a light gasp escaped her lips as her front crashed with mine, my other hand went around her waist to hold her in her place.

Her hands rested on my chest as I freed her hands as I kissed her head softly.

"You scared me. I thought you got hurt" I murmured, turning to my employees. The guy who was standing near her took a step back after seeing me hugging her, a nervous chuckle escaped from his lips.

“I’m sorry, I realised I didn’t bring my mobile but I didn’t want to come all the way up without coffee” She said with a sheepish smile.

I shook my head and turned to the man with my hand on her shoulder and she’s tucked to my left side, away from the guy.

My gaze hardened, my right hand clenched in a tight fist as I glared at him.

“So what were you trying to do with my wife?” I asked, trying to keep my voice in check so that she doesn’t get scared.

Nandini narrowed her eyes at me before she shrugged off my arm and walked to the kitchen to get us coffees muttering how I scare off guys. I controlled my smile and kept a straight face.

“Sorry sir, I didn’t know she was your wife” the guy didn’t at all look apologetical.

“The whole India saw our marriage photos” my voice was cold as I took a step forward and he instinctively took a step back.

“I didn’t. Because I was busy working for you” Sarcasm dripped in his voice.

“Well then you don’t need to do it anymore” I said with a shrug, putting my hands in my pockets casually. His eyes widened.

“You can’t do that” his eyes were filled with fear but his voice was full of attitude.

“Glad to let you know that I don’t work on your orders. This is my company and you eyed my wife wrongly, not that you work any good. I’ve seen a kindergarten kid writing a better report without spelling mistakes than you” I uttered, drilling holes in his head with my eyes.

“My father will hear about this,” He yelled.

“What are you? Draco Malfoy in Harry potter?” A sassy reply made me turn back to find my wife coming out sipping coffee in her hands, her expression mischievous and filled with peace.

Everyone chuckled at her response, only the guy Harish who was scowling at her.

Nandini stood right beside me, her shoulder brushing mine slightly as she waited for him to reply to her.

“Just because you are his wife-” Harish was about to speak when she cut him off.

“Not just because I’m his wife, I’m a human myself and you don’t get to disrespect anyone. I saw you making a female employee uncomfortable when I was coming here this afternoon” Her reply made everyone look at her with wide eyes.

“You are lying” his voice was filled with aggressiveness. I grabbed the cup out of Nandini’s hands gently and took a sip from it, relief instantly flooded my head at the heavenly taste.

“I don’t have a reason to,” Nandini said, blinking her eyes at him like a doll. Seeing her with these sarcastic filled replies is more satisfying than watching sports with guys. I definitely have my priorities sorted.

“I’ll kill you,” the guy muttered, pulling his hair.

“In your dreams” she taunted and everyone laughed.

I texted Piyush who was also enjoying this show to type a resignation later and he instantly started working on it. You are getting a raise my boy.

“That’s not the only thing I’d do in my dreams” the nerve of this guy.

Before I could react, Nandini grabbed the cup of coffee in my hands and splashed it across his face.

“Never, ever, I repeat never ever talk about a girl in that way. This time it is coffee, it will be replaced with acid the next time” She glared at him, her words with an edge that almost made the guy quiver. Interesting.

“Here you go” Piyush interrupted Nandini’s glaring session as the guy wiped off the coffee, his eyes boring holes into her body.

I grabbed the resignation letter out of his hands and threw it on Harish.

“Out of my office. Now” I yelled before throwing a punch at his face.

The guy grabbed the paper and walked away, his eyes looking at us with hate. As if I care.

“Thank you so much Ma’am” A female employee out of the crowd hugged Nandini tightly, almost throwing her out of balance.

My hand instantly shot up to keep Nandini steady while she shot me a grateful look.

“That’s fine. You are welcome” Nandini said softly, her face filled with peace that I never saw until today.

After talking for a few moments, the women went back.

“If you guys ever get harassed here, you can instantly send an email to us and we will definitely look into it and the action will be taken immediately” I announced and everyone clapped, few females even weeped.

“Okay back to work guys, my wife needs to go study” I muttered, draping a hand over Nandini who was looking at me in awe.