21

Nandini

"Manik.." I trailed off and looked at everyone who was looking at me curiously. "Is he already giving you divorce?" Mukti muttered sarcastically and I shot her a glare.

"What is it?" Maa asked and I looked at  her swallowing the lump that formed in my throat. "Maa.." I couldn't believe he did this. He trusted me with this?

"Haa " Her voice was warm and I sighed and looked at Manik who was trying to analyse my expression. Seeing him struggling like that made my lips curve. 

I stepped forward and wrapped my hands around his torso hugging him and closed my eyes, trying to relish this moment and keep it in my heart. This feels pure, I felt his hands on my back as he pulled me closer and my smile widened.

A click of a mobile made me open my eyes and found Mukti and Cabir taking a picture of us. "OKay now I'm dying with curiosity," Cabir exclaimed and I chuckled.

"He gave me fifty percent of his share of property. I'm half part of everything that he is in" I said, still not able to believe that he actually did this.

Cabir looked at him with a wide open mouth and I broke the hug looking at his expression.

"That's really a good thought" Dad appreciated Manik patting his back and I could see how maa's eyes were sparkling today. I'd do anything for that and I'm not going to do anything wrong. I'm going to give my hundred percent and try to be the best wife.

"Okay now enough of talking, we have an important meeting, Nandini, I'm so sorry  but I will drop you guys today, Manik will pick you up. The meeting is really important and his presence is needed" Papa said and I nodded my head with a smile. As much as I want him to be there with me, I'm not going to stop him from working.

Manik grabbed his bag and coat before pecking maa's cheek and my forehead murmuring '' take care and sorry before going with dad after bidding bye to everyone.

"Nandu, when will you come back?" Maa asked, keeping her hand on my shoulder. "I'll be back by evening maa" I said to her and walked to our room to keep the file and gifts and my friends helped me.

"Bhabhi we have to leave for a warehouse after we drop you at your maternal home but just give us a call if you need anything, if you go by cab and Manik finds it, he is going to chop our heads'' Cabir said and Dhruv nodded his head in agreement while my girls cooed. Aah someone told them that we crossed 20 years of age.

"I'll be near your house only Bhabhi, I need to go to my academy and you can call me anytime, don't hesitate" Dhruv said and I pulled his cheeks.

This guy is so cute. He rarely speaks but he is too adorable. Two red dots formed on his cheeks and everyone laughed.

"Shall we leave now?" Aliya asked, as she was staring at Dhruv and I chuckled silently.

"Yeah sure, let me just grab my mobile" I said and grabbed the mobile that was by night stand and saw something with a sticky note.

"Guys you go down, I'll be there in a minute" I said as I frowned looking at the sticky note that read "This is yours from now on. Make me go bankrupt" with a winking emoji.

My mobile rang with his number and swiped right and kept it near my ear. "Manik..." He chuckled at my whine.

"Nandini...." He mimicked me, making me pout. "I don't need this, '' I said looking at the debit card and credit card of my name.

"I want you to keep it" He said, his tone leaving no room for argument.

"But I have mine already," I argued anyway.

"That is your dad's Nandini, and you are my wife now and it's your right to spend my money. You are my responsibility. Let me spoil you please" He said so cutely that I can't resist myself to say no.

"I'll tell you once you come home" I mumbled, loud enough for him to hear. He laughed and murmured "I'd come fast knowing you are waiting for me. Let me know once you reach your parents house" He said softly and I mumbled okay and hung up the call.

I kept the cards and notes in the same place and kept mine there as well along with the butterfly chain and keys of the house before closing our bedroom door and walking to the living room and found everyone  waiting for me.

"Finally" Navya murmured and stood up, followed by everyone else. I pecked maa's cheek and bid her bye before walking out along with everyone else.

Dhruv got the Thar jeep out of the garage and I squealed with excitement along with my friends. "Who would say that you are married?" Cabir teased and I smacked his arm playfully.

Dad had to leave too for something else in the company regarding some breach.

Cabir took the passenger seat and Dhruv the driver's seat as me, Mukti, Navya and Aliya settled in the backseats freely.

In half an hour, we reached my parents house given that the traffic was heavy. We practically sprinted inside and I jumped into my brother's arms who was talking to someone on call while my friends walked to the living room.

"Abhimanyu" I squealed happily as he held me carefully and twirled me, making me grin. I heard my dad grumble as mom stared at us and Abhi put me down and kissed my forehead.

"Abhi stop picking her up, she is married now, she isn't a kid" Mom scolded bhai while he shook his head.

"Even when she reaches 50, she will still be my baby doll" Abhi said and I couldn't help but hug him tight.

"I'd pay millions for this daily cute dose," Mukti said, dramatically wiping her fake tears as Abhi hugged me back tightly.

"You can come and join the hug if you want" Abhi teased her openly, making  me laugh.