Chapter 10: Sneaking Out

"I wasn't born to be soft and quiet

"I wasn't born to be soft and quiet. I was born to make the world shatter and shake at my fingertips."
-Unknown

~Recap~

"Well maybe you should've just stayed out then." He shouts.

With that, I rise from my seat and storm out the room, about to walk out the front door.

"If you even think about opening that door young lady you are in big trouble. There are guards stationed at every exit and they will drag you back in kicking and screaming. Not to mention you were grounded last night!" Lorenzo shouts from the kitchen.

I sigh in anger and storm up the stairs to my room, annoyance flooding through my veins.

I don't care that he doesn't want me in the house. I don't.

~Now~

Anger is a scary thing. It makes us to things we don't want to. It makes us do unspeakable things. Things in the heat of the moment.

It makes us do things we can't take back.

Anger is one of the most dangerous things in the world.

Right now, anger flows through my veins.

And my IED (intermittent explosive disorder) is making it stronger.

Right now, the anger flowing through my veins is overpowering.

And it needs a release.

I need a release.

Somewhere that I can harness all this pent up power and anger and expel it from my body before I do something I will regret, probably knocking out one of my brothers.

Even just thinking about them fuels my fucked up anger even more.

Before I can let my anger stew more, I go to my bathroom and change into some workout clothes, a pair of sweatpants, a long-sleeved T-shirt and a sports bra.

I'm not the most comfortable in my body and therefore usually prefer clothes where I'm covered and loose-fitting.

I know I'm too skinny for my own good, literally skin and bones. When I was a baby, I was born extremely prematurely, and apparently part of that meant I had a lack of appetite, meaning now I usually don't eat often, causing my stunted growth and lack of nutrition. Over the years, I've also formed an eating disorder which hasn't helped my health. Because of that, I have frequent hospital visits and stuff, but it also means I'm quite unconfident with my body and what I wear.

The scars that litter my body only increase that lack of confidence, with self-harm scars filling my whole forearms and thighs, and torture marks from when I was kidnapped filling my back and all around my body. On top of that, there is the random underground fight or assassin mission scars from guns and knives and stuff.