Chapter 17: The Realisation

"There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds"- Laurell K

- Laurell K. Hamilton

~Recap~

"You're fucking joking! You're such a fucking hypocrite! You can't just come back here and change everything and expect us to act as if everything's okay!" Rocco shouts, standing up in anger.

At this, Alessandro storms up, his chair getting pushed back in the process. "I AM NOT FUCKING JOKING! Let me make myself clear to you all now. Now that I'm back, things are going to be different. And if not, then you're going to be in a lot of shit. Do I make myself clear?" He said in the most scary voice I had ever heard.

Chills ran down my spine.

No matter how skilled I am in fighting, my size is like comparing an ant to an elephant when standing next to him.

If he were to fight me, I would be done for.

He would never hurt me though. He would never hurt any of us.

But that doesn't make him any less scary.

Before Alessandro can say anything else, Rocco storms out of the kitchen.

Why can't we just have one dinner in peace?

~Now~

My phone rings, breaking me out of my work trance.

I've been stuck at home for a few more days until I can figure out another way of leaving this shit hole.

"Hale speaking." I answered.

Only one person rings this phone.

Viktor. My underground employer.

I call it my mission phone. You see, I have many different phones for many different people so that I remain untraceable.

This one is my underground phone and only one person knows the number. Viktor. He calls me with information regarding cases, fights and races through this, and I've been itching to do something dangerous again.

"Ah my favourite client. How are we today?" He replies joyfully.

"Shit." My blank voice answers.

"Ah always the same with you. Anyways, I have three formidable opponents lined up for you tonight if you're up for it?" He asks.