Chapter 27: Dinner... Or Not I Guess

This chapter is dedicated to @butterbtscri for literally commenting for me to post another chapter every single day <3😅Sorry you didn't get it until now but hope it was worth it!

"Don't get sad, get even,"
-Taylor Swift

~Recap~
(Lila's POV)

I fall back into Angelo's chest, eyes not opening in fear of seeing my brother's gazes.

The car is silent.

No one says anything.

No one makes a move.

Eventually, Sandro sighs.

He starts the car again and pulls out of the lane, continuing to drive to our original destination.

The car is silent, the world is silent.

And the only thing I hear is Angelo's heart beating.

Thump thump.

Thump thump.

Thump thump.

~Now~
(Lila's POV)

We eventually pull up to the restaurant and see the other car in the parking lot.

They've probably been waiting a while for us.

All of a sudden, I'm immediately feel an immense sense of guilt that I caused such a ruckus in the car.

The disappointment in the eyes of the closest person I have to a father.

The disappointment in the eyes of my brothers.

The disappointment in the eyes of the only family I have left...

The car remains deathly silent. No one moves. No one speaks.

Until my stomach rumbles loudly...

Why! Why does it rumble at the worst times! I swear to God!

Alessandro sighs from the front of the car. "Let's go have dinner then."

We all slowly clamber out the car, walking silently through the vast doors of the restaurant.

When we reach the table, we're greeted by the lovely voices of our so called dearest brothers. "Where the hell have you been? We've been waiting for you for 30 minutes!" Sandro exclaims.

He looks around at all of us, his eyes lingering on me and my probably red eyes a little longer, before they land on Elijah.

"Oh my god." He says, his hands falling across his mouth in shock and horror.