Chapter 22: What have I done?

"Hell is empty and all the devils are here"-Shakespeare

-Shakespeare

~Recap~

But, for some reason, I feel... different?

It was as if my mind registered that one happy moment I just had with Mattie and is now craving more.

It's like a desire for happiness has started to spread over my body like a virus.

But I don't deserve it.

I don't deserve any of it.

I shouldn't be alive.

Not after what I did.

I don't deserve to live.

It shouldn't have been her. It shouldn't have been.

It's all my fault and there's nothing I can do.

The helplessness and loneliness washes over me, my once smiling face transformed into a dark and gloomy one the next second.

My mind whirls to life, the dark thoughts spreading and spreading and I can't stop them I can't stop them I can't stop them and I don't know what to do.

'Help me.' I want to scream.

'Save me.' I want to shout.

But nothing comes out.

Because I don't deserve help. I don't deserve anyone's love or anyone's care.

I deserve to rot in the deepest darknesses of hell.

...but as it turns out, I'm so so afraid of the dark.

~Now~

(Lila's POV)

I've been working from home for the past few days, doing video conferences from my bedroom and designing new clothes in the library, going for long runs around the manor gardens and... trying to stay civil with my brothers.

It's just, the past few weeks they've been acting... differently? That's putting it lightly.

Before, they were all so cold-hearted and ruthless, cut-throat and cruel.

But now? As soon as Sandy and Gio got back, they've just been putting on this... this facade.

They've been being... nice to me?