Chapter 15: Nothing Is As It Seems

"To live is the rarest thing in the world

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
-Oscar Wilde

~Recap~

"You listen to me, okay? You did not a single fucking thing wrong, you hear me? Nothing. I don't blame you, Sandro doesn't blame you, mum and dad sure as hell didn't blame you, because you did nothing wrong. And the rest of your brothers can rot in hell after Sandro finishes his lecture to them. Because you did not a single thing wrong, you hear me? Nothing." He says lovingly, kissing my head once again.

I need to get out. Now.

In a flash, my chair is being pushed back, a loud scrapping noise following.

I look around, the attention now on me once again. Not knowing what to do, I say "I'm going upstairs." And then I turn away, slowly walking to my room.

But just before I leave the kitchen, I turn and say "And for you're fucking information, I didn't kill them. I was a child. A fucking child. So grow the fuck up and pull whatever the hell is stuck up your ass out because you're all fucking pricks." And with that, I stormed out.

Oh what joys this fucking house brings.

~Now~

(Giovanni's POV)

There are a million reasons of why someone might choose to leave their life.

Sometimes we leave when things get to hard.

Or sometimes we leave to protect others.

Or sometimes we leave for completely different reasons.

But the fact remains the same, if you leave and come back, things will never be the same as when you left.

No matter how hard you try.

No matter how hard you have fallen.

Things will never be the same.

And you need to be ready to expect that, no matter the reason of your leave.

People will have aged, matured, become different people.

They will have different lives, lives without you in it.

That's not to say they don't need you, no. Sometimes the people absent in your life are the people that you need the most.

But it just means that sometimes, you have to work just a little bit harder to fit back into place.