04 - Igual Que Tú

"Ana? What happened?" My father asks as Ana trembles

When she said that she had killed a person before, I thought that she meant accidentally since she's a doctor and sometimes things happen. But I didn't expect her to kill a person purposely, certainly not after my father talked about her since we have been here.

"I-I don't want to talk about it, but just know that I am just like you. But forget that because now, we need to get out of here because if they suspected anything, they will look into my past and I am afraid that they would find something this time."

"Fuck..." I mumble as I pace around the living room. There is no way we could reach our house without the police catching us. All the exits are surrounded by police at the moment, looking for my father. If we so leave this apartment, they would catch us. But at the same time, Ana might become a suspect, and her house will be searched. It is just all messed up.

"We need to leave, tonight," I announce as I stop pacing.

"But it's dangerous!" Alex exclaims, earning a glare from me.

"It's not if we play it right. No one even knows where our house and warehouse are. We only need a plan to drive past el control without being recognized," I reply.

"And how would we do that?" Ana asks, arching her eyebrow, and placing her hand on her hip.

"Well," I start as I walk around the four of them, "We change our appearances, get fake IDs, and get a cute minivan."

"We already have fake IDs," Cash points out.

"Great, then we will have to get one for Ana," I reply.

"How?" Ana asks.

"Leave that to me. We need one by tonight. In the meantime, we," I point at Ana and me, "need to go to the shop and get some things to change the way we look, like hair dyes and clothes."

"Hair dye? What the fuck dude! I won't dye my beautiful hair!" Cash exclaims.

"Shut-up. You won't even have to change your appearance because you will hide at the back of the minivan with Alex and dad," I snap at him.

"Would you please share your brilliant, detailed plan since we are getting so confused?" Ana asks sweetly.

"Ana and I would look like a married couple, who are going on a vacation to the outskirts of the city. I don't think they would search the van if they saw us as a lovely, so in love, extremely sweet couple," I reply sweetly, just like she did, giving her a fake smile.

"Married? You?" Cash snorts. "I can't imagine that," he adds and then laughs.

"Callar!" I say, glaring at him. Sometimes, I think of taking out my gun and shooting him between his eyes. That's how annoying he is.

-Shut up!

Cash puts his hands up in surrender, too afraid to say another word because he knows I'll fucking shoot him right here right now.

"Are you okay with that, my hija?" my father asks Ana, who is in deep thinking.

"I guess," she replies, unsure.

"It's settled then. Ana and I will leave right now to get the stuff," I say, clapping my hands together, then walking towards the door to leave. I opened it and waited for Ana to walk before me.

We walk beside each other as silence follows. None of us talk as we enter the elevator.

Ana presses the Ground floor and the door closes. As we wait, the awkward silence increases, but as soon as the elevator's door opens, we are surrounded by many voices, those who belong to her neighbors.

I subconsciously take her hand in mine and guide her through the crowd that happened to have gathered in front of the elevator as they discuss what appeared as an important topic.

I don't notice my grip on her hand when we left the apartment building, but she did as she took her hand out of my tight grip.

She doesn't say anything and walks faster in front of me until she stops in front of a weird-looking store close to her apartment.

She walks in as I trail behind her. A whiff of her smell invades my nostrils and my eyes involuntarily close.

Lilies.

I take in her beautiful smell and seem to be lost in it. I have never smelled something like this on anyone.

"We need to hurry," she says.

I nod and follow her blindly. She stops at the hair dyes section and we pick out a couple of cheap hair dye boxes of different colors.

This store had cheap stuff but it does the job.

After the hair section, we walk to the clothing section. They have so many different pieces that no one likes to wear, but we have to pick out something.

"What do you usually like to wear?" She asks as her hand goes through the different pieces on the rack.

I look disgustingly at the clothes and say, "Nothing like these."

She sends a glare my way and picks out a plain red t-shirt. "You will wear this," she says with a smug face and goes to pick out a pair of dark jeans, and says, "-and this."

I take them from her with an annoyed look as I see her look through the shoes. She picks out a black converse-looking-like shoe and throws them at me.

I send her a glare, one that she ignores as she walks to another section to get stuff of her own.

After thirty minutes, we finally walk out of the store. Our walk back to the apartment was fast, but before we could enter the building, Ana freezes as she looks ahead.

"What?" I ask.

She turns my way with widened eyes and says, "My chief, he's standing in front of the building."

"What the fuck is he doing here?" I growl, tightening my grip on the bags in my hands.

Before she could answer, her phone vibrates in her hand.

"He's calling." She holds her phone up for me to see. I grab her arm and walk somewhere he wouldn't see us.

"Yes, chief?" She says after answering the call. "No, I am out." "Yes...yes." "Okay, bye."

"What does he want?" I ask.

"He wanted to see me before tomorrow."

"Why?" I ask in confusion.

"He probably wants to check if I am okay." She shrugs.

"Let's head back," I say and walk towards the building.
I
After checking he is nowhere to be seen, we walk further and walk into the building.

Pressing the third floor, we wait till we reach Ana's apartment. When we do, the scene in front of us sends waves of shock to Ana and I.