11 - Mrs. Victoria Santos

"You scared me! What are you doing here?" Ana scolds me, getting out of bed and standing in front of me

"You scared me! What are you doing here?" Ana scolds me, getting out of bed and standing in front of me. "I thought you were an intruder!"

"Calm down. I just came to see if the windows are closed," I say with a scowl on my face.

"Why would they even be opened?" She asks, putting her hands on her hips.

"It doesn't matter. You can go back to sleep." I start making my way out, but a hand grabs my arm, stopping me.

"Rafael..."

"What?" I harshly reply, making her flinch a little bit.

I immediately feel bad because it wasn't what I intended to do, it just came out like that.

She glares and lets go of my arm. "Nothing! Get out."

I roll my eyes and leave, hearing the door slammed behind me.

Fuck, she's mad.

I go to my office, two doors away from Ana's room, the one beside my room. Only my office is located close to my room because of my lazy ass, but the rest are on the third floor.

I push the door open and walk in. My mother is already sitting on my chair, browsing through my laptop.

"Mamá, qué estás haciendo aquí?" I ask, walking further into the room. She looks mad as a frown adorned her beautiful face.

-Mom, what are you doing here?

She slams the laptop shut and glares at me. "I was passing by Ana's room and heard you two."

"Okay?"

"Okay? I raised you better than that, Rafaelo."

I hold back rolling my eyes because I don't want to be murdered by her. Trust me, she'll do it. "I didn't do anything, mama."

"You were rude!" she yells. "Didn't I teach you to be a gentleman?" she asks a rhetorical question, but I answer anyway.

"No..." I shake my head as a no, making her angrier. "I am joking!" I quickly say when I see her sad face.

I was joking, really.

"You will treat her better, Rafaelo, or I swear I'll tear you apart! Understood?" Her voice booms across the room, making goosebumps crawl on my skin.

"Yes, mamá." I nod.

"Good." With that, she walks out and slams the door shut, not caring who wakes up from the noise. 

Fuck, she's really mad.

From a very young age, my mother started teaching me how to treat girls. I was doing great until Alba grew up and I had to punch every guy who looked at her the wrong way. That's when I threw everything my mother taught me away. I couldn't even treat Alba like a lady, mostly because I wanted a brother. We used to wrestle, train with one another, and curse at each other. I also used to annoy her a lot, making her wish she had another brother. I still do.