21. Cash Is Screwed

Moving is never easy

Moving is never easy. I despise it. I hate it.

I have been moving all my life from one city to another, from one house to another, and sometimes, from one country to another. It has been Alex's and mine life. But I am grateful as much as I hate it.

And you know what the worst part is? That I'll move wherever just to be close to her.

My Alba.

"Cash, take this box and put it in Alba's room," Victoria tells me, making me feel all giddy on the inside.

At least she trusts me to be near her daughter.

We moved this morning to Ibiza, an island in Spain. This is the only place that we could think of where the police won't search for a while, especially when this island is full of gangsters. It's really not safe to be here either, but since we are the Spanish mafia, everyone was expecting us and gave in to our orders.

I pick up the heavy box and march toward Alba's room. I see her organizing her clothes in her closet, oblivious to my presence. I stand there like an idiot and look at her like a creep. It wasn't until the box fell from my hand that I came back to my senses.

"Cash! You scared the shit out of me, you asshole!" She yells, walking my way and hitting me in the arm.

"Sorry! It's heavy, what did you put in it?"

"It's none of your business!" She yells in frustration, making me grin.

"They are your medals, aren't they," I tease, making her groan. "I don't understand why you're embarrassed."

"I am not embarrassed, I am just...just shut up!"

I hold my arms up in surrender as my grin grows. As much as she seems to despise me and always yells at me, I just happen to fall in love with her more if that's even possible.

"Why are you still standing here? Go."

"Okay...sorry," I say and turn around to leave.

"Cash, wait!"

"Yes?" I gently ask as I look into her mesmerizing eyes.

"I...I didn't mean to yell, sorry."

"It's okay." I smile, earning one back.

I go back to the front of the house to help the rest with moving the stuff in. I see Manuel and Victoria loading stuff inside, as well as, a few of Rafael's men. Rafael and Ana are moving stuff inside too. I go and help Victoria and Manuel because as much as they love me, I need them to love me more, just in case a miracle happens and Alba likes me back.

Nothing is impossible, right?

"Cash, take this to the kitchen," Victoria tells me and I immediately nod.

Victoria doesn't like movers...or Manuel's men to move things in. He had spent hours trying to convince her of letting him bring two of his men...well, Rafael's men now.