43

⚠️TW: SMUT⚠️

❗READ AT YOUR OWN RISK❗

"Morning.." you spoke passing by Haruchiyo, after walking down the stairs of the mansion and heading to the kitchen.

Your boyfriend was already up as he had something to do on his laptop; he couldn't procrastinate his job any longer.

For the first month after your father's death, he stayed at home with you, taking care of you and making sure you were eating and resting properly since you didn't really want to go out, sometimes not even from your room.

"Oh- hey babe.. good morning" he looked at your figure entering the room adjacent to the living room, where he was, with a little smile on his face "I prepared breakfast for you too if you want it"

For the past four weeks, you hadn't been showing any drop of emotion, negative or positive.

You didn't cry, you didn't smile, you didn't laugh.

You were completely numb and Haruchiyo genuinely hoped it was just a phase, just a moment to recover from your unexpected loss.

"Thank you Haru.." you briefly looked at him too, exchanging a weak smile with him and looking back at what he prepared for you.

Since the day you told him you couldn't see a future with him, he started doing everything to better himself, and that implied also his cooking skills. You remembered how bad his self-made meals were and now you were standing right in front a cake that couldn't be more delicious.

You were so proud of him, so proud of how he matured and the person he had become.

And at the same time you were sad, because in that specific moment of your life, you couldn't show your pride towards him.

It was devastating.

Taking a piece of that chocolate cake and also a glass of iced coffee, that he knew you liked, you leaned your back on the counter of the kitchen and silently stared at your lover, whose eyes were too focused on the laptop screen to become aware of your doings.

You then landed your gaze on his side profile and you started admiring his facial features. That perfectly smooth jawline that would be able to cut your finger if you traced it on the line. His cheeks, rosey because of the heat of the coffee he just drank. His long lashes that almost covered his large droopy eyes, you loved looking at them, they made his gaze even more sleepy. His pink hair styled in a mullet that always fell on his shoulders.

And his scars.

It was scary how their shape perfectly resembled a diamond, but they were also very interesting and, knowing the story behind them, you loved them even more.

Haruchiyo was such a strong man, not just physically. Not just mentally.

He was strong. Strong in every way possible, even if to some shallow people he appeared just as a crazy drug addict with no future.

Haruchiyo was more than that.
And you were glad he was part of your life.

As you didn't want to leave him alone again, you took your plate and your glass, walking out of the kitchen and sitting at the same table, in the place adjacent to him "This cake is so good Haru"