44

"Good morning my sunshine"

"Mhh Haru... 5 mins and I'm up..."

"It's your day off today, silly.." he chuckled in your ear, before placing a kiss on your cheek.

"Mh.. why?" You mumbled, your face buried deep in the pillow as you didn't even realize what day it was.

"Baby" he laughed "You really are so dumb in the morning" he pressed a hand on your hip so you could roll to the side on the soft mattress and rest your back against his abdomen "It's your birthday, your 24th birthday to be precise"

"Oh.. god.. I completely forgot" you yawned loudly, slowly opening your eyes and immediately widening them at the sight in front of you.

Thousands of fragrant rose petals were on the bed, surrounding your sleepy figure.
Haruchiyo probably put them there before waking you up.

"Thought so baby, we had a lot to do recently but.. happy birthday dear, I love you so much" he took your chin between his thumb and index finger, pulling you in a sweet morning kiss "You deserve the world"

"I love you too baby" you spoke, still taken aback by that pleasant awakening.

You really forgot about your birthday.

The past months, after your dad's death, you had to take care of his belongings, which were all destined to you.
You took some of them, while you gave away others, also helped by Haruchiyo, who supported you and joined you in taking your father's things away from his house.

You also spoke to your mother, asking her if she wanted to keep something that reminded her of her ex-husband, but she refused. She was also a bit reluctant in talking to you, as if she was hiding something.

You choose not to pay too much attention to her behaviour and ignore her.

Then, as you had to formally be part of the Bonten executives, you had to participate in lots of meetings that helped you understand how it worked.

You didn't really like the part in which they mentioned murders, kidnapping, prostitution, owning illegal businesses, as if you weren't part of them, of those criminals.

But you became one, and it partially saddened you.

You weren't like that.
You hated violence, you hated crimes of all type.
You were know to be a very peaceful person, and you still were, wondering how you ended up in such situation.

But you were now part of them and there was no turning back. The only thing that made you happy about your job was Haruchiyo. He was always by your side, and as you got your own office, like any other member, he moved his right next to yours, as the building was pretty big and the offices were sometimes placed on different floors.
So if you needed a hand, he was right there.

Also, you had to join lots of meetings and dinners with other gangsters, talking about business and alliances.
Many of them looked down on you just for the simple fact that you were a woman among men, believed to be too weak to be in such dangerous environment.

But they didn't know that such environment, since you were eighteen, raised you even better than how your parents did. It molded you in a strong, independent woman, always cautious but never scared.

And your colleagues didn't even bother to remind them, shooting death stares at whoever dared to look at you with pity, sometimes threatening them too.

"As I knew you were going to forget about your birthday, I came up with some activities we can do together today. Get ready pretty" he gave you a delicate pat on your butt cheek and stood up "First stop, the best coffee shop in town so we can have the perfect start of the day with a delicious breakfast"

"Oh my god baby don't tell me you have it all planned??? I thought you were joking" you got up, a surprised expression plastered on your face as you looked at him wearing his suit.

And damn, was he the finest man alive.

"I never joke when it comes to you, dear" he gifted you one of his softest smiles, walking closer to you; taking your head in his hands, he planted a sweet kiss on your forehead "I love you so much, and I want you to spend your day happily"

"You're literally the best" you sobbed out while a lonely tear formed at the corner of your eyes out of commotion.

=====================

Just a filler chapter to let you know I'm alive and that I want to continue this ff cause
I'm in love with it 😭

I'm so sorry for letting you wait that much🥺

Don't forget to vote