33

Kai POV

"We have a problem," I called out half jogging downstairs, heading for Shadow who was set up in the living room, playing on his phone. "Claire's mom is sending her to spend her last year of school at an all girls academy," I broke the news.
"I'm sure she'll have fun there," he smirked not looking up from his phone.
I hit his shoulder with a glare. He slowly looked up at me with an raised eyebrow that caused a spike in my heart rate.

"This is serious. I know I was at my end of having to share you, but this is worse. Now we don't have a trusted person to mask our scents."

Shadow placed his phone down, screen downwards on the coffee table, turning his full attention to me. I logged into my brain for later to check his phone. "We will figure it out." He held out his large palm for me to grab. I couldn't help the grin, knowing what was about to happen as I took his hand.
Not disappointing, he yanked me into him, forcing me to lay half on top of him as he leaned back into the sofa, his thick thighs spread. His burgundy turtle neck shirt was soft against my bare chest as I leaned closer and stole the kiss he wanted to give to me.
When he grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me in tight, giving me the wettest sexiest kiss ever, I moaned into his mouth.
He pulled back slightly to look into my eyes before I blinked and looked back down at his reddening glistened lips. "You're so damn sexy," his voice turned huskey and I could feel how turned on he was.
Pulling back while he was distracted, I yanked up his phone and looked at his screen.
"Hey," he chuckled sitting up. "I wasn't done with you yet."
I blinked in shock at the screen.
"And that was supposed to be a surprise asshole," he finished as I meekly handed back his phone.
"For me?" I squeaked.
He nodded, looking at the screen, showing me two stone necklaces with black string. "Wanted to get us matching ones."
"Wow," I stepped back. "That's super gay." I couldn't keep the dumb grin off my face as his lite up as he looked up at me.
"Oh yeah? Even gayer than this-" he jumped for me, but I was already lunging away laughing.
"Keep your gay hands off of me!" I called, running for the back door and flying through it before he could catch me. Shifting I tore off into the woods, hearing the thunder from his paws hitting the ground as he chased me. It felt good, this moment, letting out a happy howl I leaned my head down and pushed forward. He nipped at my tail and butt and if I still was in human form I would let out a laugh.
He tackled me not too far away and we shifted back together. Our warm bodies heating each other up and protecting us from the chilly air.
As his arms wrapped around me and squeezed, I realized my whole life what I had been missing but never realized. The way I grew up, hugs weren't easy to come by. But I craved them now. From him.
"We should go back now," I sighed, turning in his arms. Looking at him and wondering how we ever got here. And if we would stay like this forever.
I still haven't confronted him about the Marcie thing.
"What are you thinking about so intently?" He asked rubbing two fingertips against the furrow of my brow. Sitting up so I didn't feel the intensity from his eyes and wondering if I'll ever get over that, I shrugged. He immediately started rubbing light circles against my back.
My head fell into my hands as I mumbled. "I just want to stay like this forever. But I fear life likes to turn everything sour."
I could feel him sit up behind me. Once again he wrapped his arms around me and it instantly made me feel warm inside and loved. My heart could barley take it as as he laid his head on my shoulder.
"I just need you to believe in me. To believe in us. And everything will work out," he squeezed me tight to him as if he were afraid I was about to run or pull away. I leaned my head against his, and we sat in silence for a moment before I spoke up.
"Let's go back. You didn't finish ordering my gift."
He chuckled. "Thought you said it was gay."
"Well. we are gay. But only for each other," I added more ferociously than necessary.
He made a gasping sound, and my head shot to the left to look into his face. He looked shocked and then overjoyed before he was diving in for a kiss.
Due to his excitement it took a long time before I could come up for air.
"What was that?" I asked with a laugh as he pulled me to my feet.
He shrugged. "Nice to hear you admit that. Makes it feel official."
I grinned and hit him lightly. "I think living and sleeping together made it official."
His grin widened even more. "So together, forever?"
My face instantly turned beet red as my whole body warmed. I walked passed him briskly to avoid him seeing it but of course he already noticed. "So gay," I muttered trying to keep the dumb smile off my face as he laughed loudly and followed closely behind.
I gasped as he slapped my ass and spun on him.
"Don't do that."
"Why?" his brow flickered upwards. "You like it," his eyes slowly looked down my body at my very obvious hard on.
"You're insatiable. I'm still recovering."
"Oh yeah?" He stalked forward, wrapping his arms around me, lower this time, squeezing my bare ass cheeks.
"Don't," I warned but sounded more breathy than threatening as his finger tips inched closer. I made a moaning sound at the back of my throat as he dove for a bruising kiss.
"We are expecting guests later," I tried to pull back but he held me to him.
"So we better hurry," he tugged us along as I laughed, feeling pure joy rise up inside of me.