9 |Who Are You Looking For?

CHAPTER NINE

The throne room was very loud as ever. It was not comparable to when the unknown disease appeared one year ago or when the barbarians destroyed the village on the northern border.

"Your Majesty, please reconsider your decision on choosing your bride!"

"Please reconsider your majesty!"

The other repeated.

The King, sitting on the throne made of gold. He shines brightly like a sun. His golden eyes lazily stare at them as if it doesn't interest him everything they said, like a lion overlooking his territory.

When there was no response coming from the King, the nobles' gulps and sweat started to form on their forehead. Well except for the one man who is standing arrogantly.

The fact why they're so brave to say it to the King to reconsider his decision on choosing his bride is because they have Duke Avignon backing them. As if the Duke could save them.

Leon whose right finger hung slightly on his chin, listened to their nonsense. Even though he shut them up the last time they did that. Still, they dare to say it again in his face.

Seems like those fool's nobles wanted to see blood splattered in the conference room today. But, this place already becomes a special place for him and he doesn't want to replace those memories. But these fools are provoking him .

Maybe he showed them mercy these past few days, they act like they are in control now.

"Your majesty, this humble servant who has nothing but only thinks for the great interest of the kingdom. Ask for you to reconsider your decision to choose a man like what the other has said. There is no history in the Asterion Kingdom where a man became a Queen."

The man who has a vicious face in all of them opened his mouth.

Leon wanted to rip off his tongue out of his mouth but he stopped himself. This man is a great poisonous snake that will bite you in seconds if you let your guard down.

Though he wanted to bring him down, he could not find fault in this man. No matter how much he dug for his misdeeds, he only ends up at a dead end. But, it's not the reason to stop him.

"Did you say everything you want to  say?"

Leon's voice echoed in a throne room. His voice is cold, giving chills down their spine. As if to let them remember who is standing looking in front of them.

The man who made a name on the battlefield killed, and swiped out every enemy who got in his way and ascended to the throne.

A tyrant who spilled blood and killed those who opposed him.

"Seems like you weren't satisfied with my decision and questioned my authority as the King of this Kingdom!"

Everyone shut their mouth when he threatened him. Fear envelopes them, as they crawl into the corner. If they said one word, who knows what might happen?

They knew exactly what would happen. It was engraved in the deep of their mind because it's a scene they always witnessed when someone angered the King.

Leon stands, showing his power and authority as he looks down on them.

"It is, I, who will choose who will be my Bride. Duke, are you doubting my choice now, the King of this kingdom!"

Duke Avignon who is acting arrogant just a while ago, grits his teeth in secret. 

The Duke bowed his head, even though it was against his will as he slowly shook his head.

"No, your majesty. How I dare to doubt your majesty's judgment---!"

"You don't know your place. This is because I have great respect for you Duke, you are still standing here, unscathed. "

"I'm at your mercy. Your majesty!"

Duke Avignon silently clenched his fist, displeased with how arrogant the King is.

"How dare he embarrassed him in front of everyone! This arrogant king! I will put you in your right place one of these days!"

No one could say anything, leaving their mouth shut. The situation was uncomfortable. No one refuted nor help the Duke. Even his loyal follower. They just look at the King and tremble in fear.

"Seems like there is nothing important to discuss. Let's end this meeting and leave!"

Then, he left leaving everyone to astound. Next to him is Arthur who is smiling mischievously after witnessing how Duke Avignon embarrassed himself and how his face twisted in anger.

He wanted to laugh out loud but it was not the right time.

"Your majesty, you are a dude king!"

End of Part One.