Thirty-Three

Lily was fast asleep hugged as close as she could get into Rose. Rose looking as comfortable as ever, with her feet crossed, legs out fully and her back propped up so her head was laid nicely on the headboard.

"Someone looks happy." He nodded his at directing his speach about Lily.

Rose peeked down noting that Lily was fast asleep, not realising it until then. Eyes widening in shock, she manoeuvred out of her grip standing up and pulling her top down as it rode up from getting off the bed. She pulled the covers up over Lily before biting her lip and tapping her foot on the floor lightly.

"So she is." Rose swayed back and forth not know what to say next, or how she was meant to act from here.

"I'm scared of sheep." John blurted out. His expression changed, eyebrows furrowing, confusion spread thickly over him.

"What? I'm afraid of sheep, what kind of thing is that to say?" He said under his breath, facepalming at the first thing that came out of his mouth. John had just panicked and said the first thing out of his mouth.

Covering her mouth with her hand, Rose disguised her giggle with a cough, amused by the ramblings. At this point she had figured out that John wasn't that great with awkward situations, saying the first thing on his mind to cover up his feelings.

It made her feel better about how she was feeling, knowing that John was having the same emotions as her. Rose wasn't willing to talk about what had happened yet, she thought it best to ignore it.

"Afraid of sheep. Each to their own." She humoured him.

He blushed, putting his head down letting his hair fall over his face. He was in desperate need of a haircut. His hair having not been cut for a while.

"Well, you would be too. I swear, every time that they baaa. They're saying my name. I think they're plotting something." He rambled on.

Rose couldn't contain herself any longer. She burst out, nearly falling over, and snorting a bit.

"Shh." John joined in pointing in Lily's direction, indicating she should keep it down, so they didn't wake her up.

"That really is something. But I really do doubt that they're plotting something. Maybe they're just trying to recruit you." She mocked.

"Now that is ridiculous." He laughed out, finally lifting his head back up shoving his hair from his face. John could see the laughter lines outlined on Rose's face; a dimple formed from how uplifted her lips had become. She walked towards him, going out the door past him; waltzing a bit down the hallway before stopping and turning around to wait for John to follow.

"I can't be bothered to stay standing." She responded to him not moving from where he was leant up against the door frame. With a shake of his head, he gestured that he would follow.

"Tell me more about these sheep, that your claiming are out for you. Is it all sheep? Or just some sheep?" Rose was not going to release her grip on this fear of John's, she found it too absurd and entertaining.

"Oh, I think it's all sheep. It started from the sheep on my best friends' farm. I swear it. Remember the girl I told you about that was like a sister to me? Well, she had grown up on a farm that I used to frequently visit. She had left me alone with the sheep one day while she went to go do some other work." He took a brief breather, inhaling deeply before continuing.

"After she left. They all suddenly started to stare at me in unison, not blinking or moving their eyes away from me. One sheep took a step forward before I heard. 'JJJJOOOOOHHHHHNNN!' Coming from the sheep. Couldn't believe it myself at first, until the rest joined in."