Forty-Three

John followed Rose towards her bedroom. He had already made up his mind of who they should go with and was determined for Rose to choose his choice.

"John, do you have to follow me? Or do I need to draw a picture of a sheep and put it on my back to deter you." Rose sassed; she was in no mood to talk, needing to freshen up before any more talks took place.

"No, and thanks for throwing that back in my face. I was heading to see Lily to check on her as we haven't seen her for the most part of the day." he retorted.

Rose too embarrassed to reply, flipped her hair back entering into her room refusing to give John another look. She couldn't bare for him to see the pink shade now coating her cheeks thinly. She deeply respected John's opinion and did imagine what his lips would feel like to kiss them, knowing they would be soft, yet surprisingly warm; but when he got so jealous and let that persuade him into his decision it was annoying her. Rose was angry with how he had been doing that of late, they weren't going out nor had they properly admitted their feelings for each other, so she saw no need for him to get like he had been getting.

Deep down in her heart she knew that she would choose what John wanted no matter how much the troubling truth was; just to put John at ease and show him that she was choosing him. She knew that for John this would be a case of choosing between him and Vin, not the actual hard decision of which world to get to.

Giving a deep vibrating and shaky sigh, she lowered her weary legs sitting on the corner of the bed to place her head in her hands.

"I really do wish we had my family here; I know my brother would know which choice to choose. This is too much for a teenager to take. For god's sake, I shouldn't have to be the one making these decisions." Rose whined out, tears gingerly escaping her tear ducts slowly as if they themselves were giving up as well.

"Definitely gonna need a loong nap after this." She shook her head with a sigh and finally lifted her head back up.

Rose got out the bath knowing deep down in the bottom of her heart what it is that she would choose. She would always choose John, even if they weren't together yet. But he did mean the world to her and she would never betray him. They may fight and argue, but they would always stick together, even if that meant Rose had to choose the wrong person they were going with.

She suddenly froze up in her position, her hairbrush half through her hair. Eyes widened in the shocking revelation that sparked horror and joy in her body.

"I think I maybe falling in love with him." The whisper escaped her.

Forming a concrete voice of truth as she discovered how she was really feeling. All gloomy outcomes of what was to come for them overshadowed by her feelings budding up that Rose had neglected to notice before this moment. She gasped covering her opened mouth with one hand, taking the shaking palm away she let it fall to her side. Still unmoving in discovering her true feelings.

With knowing what she did now, she knew that she had no doubts in what she must do next.

John was in with Lily, reeling from the encounter with Rose, his head spinning from how hot and cold she'd been. The only person he could rely on being the same right now was Lily.

"...And you're sure, you've not had any issues since getting well. No spells of going back, your chest not feeling heavy even for a minute?" John fretted over her health, wanting to make sure that the disease was completely gone; he couldn't properly believe that medicine would be able to do that. On earth it would've been impossible for it to be cured.

"I PROMISE you. I haven't felt this good in years, I my breathing is so much lighter than it was previously. I know that this couldn't have been possible on earth. But these people seem to have advanced in technology and science more than what we have." She rebutted, not liking how untrusting John was being at this point. She felt as if he was being ungrateful for the gift of her life that Vin had given.