Chapter 3

I hope you like this chapter! If you do don't forget to comment and vote. :) 

Recap: Before their eyes stood a bedroom just as Rose had predicted. The room was littered with a desk, bed wardrobe and Chester draws. On the Chester draws stood a what looked like an old letter. Looking at each other Rose whispered for effect.

"Go get that letter, I'm not going further in. Could be a trap."

With a chuckle and a shake of his head at Rose's dramatic joke, John walked in gently picking up the crumpled yellowing with time letter.  

***********************************************************************************************

Chapter 3.

Greetings to those who happen to upon this letter.

This means that that time has come again, and the cycle of the earth is going to be reset soon. We wish you luck upon your journeys hoping, as much as we currently are, that you won't be the next set of people who are thrown off the planet with the land you are on. We have tried our best to make it as homely down here as we could, adding items such as handmade blankets, adding as much decorations around the rooms as we could. We have left bundles of clothes, as we know that you will not have brought very many down yourselves. For anyone who would be down here. There are a lot of rooms in this place so no one should be short of a bed or a place to reminisce alone. We have been told that when we exit the bunker when the time is right.

The world will look completely different. That it will be Barron, with all traces of technology or even evidence that the earth had been inhabited previously, and we will have to start our food supply from scratch. To help future generations with this, the final door at the end of this corridor will contain all the necessary seeds and supplies to start growing food again. Just remember, as comes with a new world comes new colonisations. There will be quarrels, even murders. Good luck with your journeys and we wish you well.

This and the other letter we have written we hope will help you on the journey you find yourselves on. The mistakes we have made that cost valuable lives, we have written it all down on the other letter in this envelope hoping you can learn from them and to not make the same mistakes.

The only ask we have from you is that you leave other future generations the knowledge as well as tools to be able to start again in the new world as we are doing for you.

Good luck.

The people in the bunker before you.

They both stood there with shocked looks as they took on board what had been written.

"That was-"

"I know...I know. There are no words." John finished Rose's sentence.

They stood there shocked. Not knowing how they were meant to react to such an informal letter giving so much information, the kindness of strangers heling to guide them into an easier path in the coming events.

John entered his fingers back into the envelop assuming he had just not felt the other letter that they had been told was in there. However, his hand was coming up empty each time he re-tried. Rose snatched the envelop turning it upside down while holding it open as they stood there in disbelief that they couldn't find the other letter.

A few minutes went by with neither of them knowing what to do or say after not being able to find the other letter, they had searched the room from top to bottom trying to find the other half to no avail. Taking in a deep breath Rose shook her head back into motion.

"Well, I suppose we have a lot more to accomplish whilst we're down here than we thought." There was a brief pause.

"Let's continue seeing quickly what's in the other rooms, shall we?" John gave a curt nod still not yet able to physically talk.

The other rooms mostly consisted of more rooms just as plain as the first, but without the letter. Among those rooms were some bathrooms which held a massive bath, a separate shower. A toilet and a sink. This pattern continued until they reached the last door at the end of the long narrow overbearing hallway. Rose stopped dead in her tracks while the warning from the letter vibrated through her mind.

"Well this is the dreaded door." She sputtered out unsure of what else to do other than point out the obvious.

"We really should open it and get on with it. The sooner its opened. The sooner it's no longer a massive burden on our shoulders." He replied back in a monotone voice as he had no energy left in his body and unable to stop staring at the door.

"'Suppose your right. We can't hide from it forever." She slowly started turning the door handle of the room, the door squeaking as it opened.

Rose and John took an intake of air as they gazed upon what was in front of them.