Chapter 13

Author's pov...

"Babaaaa!" Shimrah's voice echoed in the store as she rushed towards her father while faking a cry and hugging him tightly.

"Baba. Mujhe bacha lijiye in zulmi aurton se. Mujhe nahi karni in ke saath shopping." Shimrah cried as her father chuckled and hugged her back placing his hand on her head and pulling her head in his chest. Shimrah clearly liked her father's warmth and snuggled in his arms bringing a smile on Mustafa's face watching the father-daughter's interaction.

"Kya hogaya mere baccha? Kya kiya hai in logon ne?" Shakeel asked his daughter when he saw that all the ladies were now standing in front of him while his wife was glaring at his dear daughter.

"Kuch nahi kiya hai humne. Bas drame karna hai aapki ladli beti ko." Saniya glared at the young girl who was now avoiding her gaze.

"Mumma jhooth bol rahi hai Baba. In logon ne pichle do ghanto se mere samne fashion show kiya. Das das kapde pehen ke mujhse choose karne lagwa rahe the. Ab keh rahe hai ki mai bhi inke samne fashion show karon. 15 kapde choose kiye hai in sab ne mere liye aur keh rahe hai ki mai utne kapde try karon. Yani had hoti hai. Mai nahi karne wali utne kapde try." Shimrah whined hugging her father more making Majeed and Habeeb chuckle at her childishness.

"Apni Mumma ko jhoti keh rahi ho tum?" Saniya came forward and pinched her daughter's ear making her cry in pain as she left her father and held her mother's hand which was holding her ear.

"Sorry Mumma. Sorry. Maine aisa kuch nahi kaha. Sorry." Shimrah begged for forgiveness as she felt pain because of the ear her mother was pinching.

"Good. Now come with us and try those dresses." Saniya left her daughter's ear and said sternly even though she wanted to laugh at her daughter.

"Mumma please. Mujhse nahi hoga. Maaf karde." Shimrah already was very tired and now changing 15 dresses would be too much for her.

"Tum chalti ho ya chappal nikalu mai meri." Saniya scolded her daughter as she whined but still got ready to go with her mother.

"Aap jaiye. Mai aa rahi hon." Shimrah said and the ladies left after nodding their heads.

"Yaar Baba. This is too much. I came here for your support but you didn't even say anything." Shimrah whined folding her hands to her chest.

"Meri bacchi. Tumhare Mumma ke saamne mai kuch bol sakta hon!? Aur waise bhi woh sirf ye chahti hai ki tum shadi mai acchi dikho." Shakeel held his daughter's face in his palms and kissed her forehead showing affection which he did most of the time.

"Oye dramebaaz. Jaa isse pehle ki Mumma aajaye. Phir kaan mudkar le jayengi Mumma." Sameer laughed at his sister which was joined by others as well.

"Haslo. Jitna hasna hai haslo aap sab. Waise bhi ab kuch din mai Hassan bhai ki toh shaadi hojaigi, Jiju ki engagement hojaigi, Bhaijaan aur Hiba ki rukhsati hojaigi, uske baad thodi na aap sab ko hasna ka maukha milega." Shimrah indirectly said that they were ruining their own lifes by getting married making Mustafa chuckle at their reactions.

"Aap to haso hi mat. Sab aapki taraf se hua hai. Mai idhar ye situation me aapki taraf se hon." Shimrah glared at Mustafa and then left leaving Mustafa shocked. He knew that she was blaming him for no reason and he also knew that she won't be angry the next day.

"Bhai tune kya kiya hai ki Shimrah itne gusse mai hai." Sameer wrapped his arm around Mustafa's neck and asked.

"Kuch nahi hua hai. She just thinks that if I would have come here directly rather than going to office then she wouldn't have to be here." Mustafa shrugged his shoulders while Sameer shook his head at his younger sister.