Chapter 18

Author's pov...

"Shimrah, Sameer. Idhar aao." Shimrah's uncle or you can say Saniya's brother called the youngsters together to discuss something.

Shimrah's Uncle was a fun guy. He always had something funny going on in his life plus he is a very social person. He is in touch with the other two families making him known to the kids as well.

"Kya hua Mamu?" Sameer asked as all the kids stood in a circle giving complete attention to their Mamu.

"Tumlog aise he engagement kar rahe ho?" He asked them the question as they looked at each other with questioning eyes before giving him a nod.

"Yaar, kitne boring ho tumlog. Na kuch excitement na hi kuch fun. Falto log." Mamu clicked his tongue in disappointment.

"So what should we do?" Mustafa asked as he raised his eyebrow at Mamu.

"Shimrah, tu is time dance nhi kar rahi?" Mamu questioned Shimrah who was standing silently.

"Tauba. Tauba. Mamu kaisi baat kar rahe hai aap. Hamare ghar mai wo ladkiyan dance nahi karti jiska rishta pakka nahi hua. Gunah hai dance karna." Shimrah dramatically put a mouth on her mouth but received a smack from her Mamu.

"Jaise tune aaj tak dance nahi kiya. Har event mai tum aur Shariya karte ho na dance." Mamu spoke as Shimrah just nodded at his words.

"Har event mai Baba ke behen nahi rehte the. Ek baar Phupu ne mujhe dance karte dekh liya tha aur hangama khara kardiya tha. Isliye aaj tak aap sab ke saamne dance karti hon par unke saamne nahi. Isliye aaj bhi nahi kar sakti." Shimrah said as dissappointed was clear on her face. While Mustafa was in shock as he just got to know that his innocent Shimrah can dance.

"Toh phir ab kya kare? Kuch plan hai?" Hassan asked curiously.

"Mere paas toh nahi hai." Hiba said shrugging her shoulders.

"Okay. Do one thing. You know how people put rings in a big bowl which has milk in it?" Mamu aksed them with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah. So?" Mahedn asked?

"So bring a bowl filled with milk. Put Shariya and Masi's engagement rings in it. Then we will ask them to find it so that they can exchange their rings." Mamu stated with annoyance visible in his voice as he rolled his eyes at the kids dumbe self.

"But don't they do this after the rukhsati, when the bride goes to the groom's house?" Katie asked with raised eyebrows not knowing most of the cultures.

"Yes, it is the game we play after the rukhsati but we can still do it now." Chris said while winking at her which made her cheeks go red.

"Mumma won't agree." Shimrah had to ruin the excitement build in everyone's body.

"Tu mood mat kharab kar mera. Mai tumhari Mumma ko sambhal longa. Tum log jaake taiyaari karo." Mamu said as the girls went to get a bowl of milk while the boys went to get the rings.
______________________________________

"Shimrah, ye lo rings, Sameer ne bheje hai." Mustafa went inside the house where Shimrah stood in front of a big bowl filled with milk and rose petals.

"Thanks." Shimrah took the rings drom his hand without looking up at him and threw it in the bowl. But because of the rose petals floating on the milk made the rings stuck with the rose petals.

Shimrah sighed and put her hand inside the bowl thinking that she should mix the milj so that the rings don't settle in one place but she forgot that the milk waa very cold.