Chapter 15

Author's pov...

"Bhai. Mujhe mil gaya hai." Masi shouted as he entered Mustafa's cabin with Maheen behind him. Both of them came and sat directly in front of him.

"Kya mil gaya hai tujhe?" Mustafa asked as he went through the emails on his laptop that he received.

"Idea. Shariya ke engagement gift ka idea." Masi looked excited and nervous at the same time.

"Good. Shimrah literally gave me a whole lecture in the car on how important gifts are when I was driving to the office." Mustafa lips turned into a smile as he remembered what happened in the morning.

"Ohhh... Shimrah and Bhai in a same car. And now Bhai is smiling as well. Kya hua tha Bhai subha mai jo aap itna muskura rahe hai." Maheen teased her elder brother but received a glare in return.

"What are you both doing here? As far as I remember Masi, you were on a leave and as for Maheen, you don't work here." Mustafa asked when he saw both of them getting nervous and now it was clear that they wanted something from him.

"Bhai woh... Shariya ke gift ke liye aapki help chahiye." Masi asked while fidgeting his fingers and Mustafa knew that whatever they were going to ask was against his opinion.

"Kya?" Mustafa asked raising his eyebrows.

"Aapko... Aapko na... Aapko bas..." Masi stuttered.

"Ab tum bologe ya kaan ke neeche lagaun ek." Mustafa warned making both of them startle. This was normal for them Mustafa always threatened them but his love for them never let him do anything.

"You just have to sing Shariya's favorite song on the engagement day while I dance with her." Masi said in one breath as Mustafa sighed knowing that he was going to ask something stupid.

"Tu pagal hogaya hai. I stopped singing songs and playing guitar two years ago." Mustafa stated as he remembered how he got so busy with work that he literally stopped doing his favorite thing.

"I know Bhai but you have to do this for me. It is Shariya's gift." Masi requested joining his hands together.

"Shariya is your fiancé. It is your engagement. You should be the one singing not me!" Mustafa stated as he got back to work on his laptop.

"But I am not that good at singing and playing guitar. Bhai please do this for me." Masi requested.

"No." Mustafa replied with a short and sweet word.

"Bhai, iske paas aur kuch nahi hai karne. Yahi plan bahut mushkil se aaya dimaag mai." Maheen also requested her elder brother.

"Think of something else cause I am not doing that. I didn't sing for whole two years and now you want me to sing in front of strangers. You know very well that I don't know half of the guests that are invited to the engagement." Mustafa sighed in annoyance.

"Bhai have confidence." Maheen encouraged him.

"Shut up." Mustafa was annoyed but his siblings were not ready to backoff.

"Bhai please. No one can sing like you." Masi requested again.

"There is something called speakers through which you can put songs of your choice. I am not your speaker." Mustafa ignored their pleadings.

"Bhai speakers hai par jab aap gaate ho ek alag hi maza aata hai. Aur Shariya ko live singing pasand hai rather than those songs." Masi showed Mustafa his puppy eyes but still it had no effect.