Chapter 28

Author's pov...

Next day...

"Assalamuilkum!" Shimrah greeted everyone enthusiastically as she got down the stairs and went towards the dining table where her family was seated and having breakfast.

Shimrah was unconsciously very happy. She was happy about the dream she had seen last night after praying Istikhara Namaz when she slept.

"Walaikumasalam baccha. Bahut khush nazar aarahi ho tum. Kya baat hai?" Shakeel asked while smiling as he his daughter sat beside him while smiling.

"Koi baat nahi hai." Shimrah replied and served herself breakfast.

"Kya socha hai tumne? Mustafa ke rishte ke liye nahi kehde?" Saniya asked while smirking to get a reaction out of her daughter.

"Nahi!" Shimrah shouted, startling Shariya who was seated beside her while eating.

"Huh?" Saniya raised her eyebrow at Shimrah while smirking knowing exactly what was going to come ahead.

"Mera matlab hai ki... Mai is rishte ke liye raazi hoon. Aap unhe haan keh dijiye meri taraf se." Shimrah had her cheeks red now. She was embarrassed by the looks her family members were giving her.

"Bahut accha decision liya hai tumne. Mujhe bahut khushi huwi hai. Mustafa tumhe khush rakhega." Shakeel got off his chair and made Shimrah stand up from her chair. He hugged Shimrah tightly and kissed her head showing all his live and affection.

"Meri beti ab badi hogayi hai." Saniya came forward with tears in her eyes. She engulfed Shimrah in a tight hug before kissing her on her cheek.

"Can't believe I will be getting rid of both my sisters!" Sameer commented while laughing but deep down all three of them it was just for show. He was sad that he sisters will be leaving him but was happy cause they found perfect life partners.

"Wait a second! That means Shimrah will be my Jethani and I will be her Devrani!" Shariya exclaimed excitedly and got off her chair while jumping up and down.

"That mean she will be elder than me according to that relation! Ha! In your face!" Shariya pointed at Shimrah and laughed evilly. She was always teased by Shimrah for being older than her. But now Shimrah will be Shariya's husband's elder brother's wife. Which technically makes Shimrah older than her in the relation.

"Pata nahi Jiju ko kya dikha aap jaisi jangli bili mai." Shimrah commented making Shariya stop jumping. Shariya came forward and wrapped her arm around the back of Shimrah's neck pulling her closer.

"Jo bhi dikha. Theek dikha. Waise ab Masi won't be your Jiju, he will become your Devar." And this was the moment Shimrah knew that she will be teased like this for the rest of her life.

"Mai Mahmooda ko call karke bol deti hoon." Saniya said and grabbed her phone to dial Mahmooda's number but Shimrah got free from her sister's hold and stopped Saniya from dialling Mahmooda's number.

"Ammi. Abhi nahi. Shaam mai kar lijiye. I won't be able to face Mustafa at office today if you inform Mahmooda aunty now." Shimrah held her mother's hand tightly and pleaded with her famous puppy eyes.

"Bechara Mustafa, kal itna tadap raha tha hamara jawab janne aur ab tum usse aur intezaar karwane ko keh rahi ho?" Saniya glared at her daughter who internally rolled her eyes knowing the from now on she will be supporting her son-in-law in all matters

"Just a few more hours Mumma. Please!" Shimrah requested again but was pulled away from her mother by Sameer.

"Mumma. Aap call karlijiye. Mai isse office lekar jata hoon." Sameer said as he pulled Shimrah with him out of the house.