Chapter 17

Author's pov...

"Assalamuilkum. Kaisi hai Khala aap? Itne din baad mil rahe hai hum." Shimrah greeted her mother's cousin sister with a fake smile. Shimrah never really liked any of her relatives neither did she hate them.

Shimrah and Maheen were greeting the guests who have arrived and were in the backyard talking to each other

Shimrah and Maheen were greeting the guests who have arrived and were in the backyard talking to each other. Maheen was new to all the relatives so she was just sticking with Shimrah while Chris was with Sameer.

"Walaikumasalam beta. Hum toh bahut acche hai. Tum bolo. Suna hai ki tumne job karna shuru kardiya hai." Her aunt spoke and Shimrah nodded while smiling.

"Ye, Bhaijaan ki wife hai. Hiba." Shimrah introduced Hiba to her as Hiba lowly greeted her like a newly wed bride does.

"Mashallah. Bahut khoobsurat hai. Sameer ke saath bahut acchi dikhegi." Her aunt caressed Hiba's cheek while Hiba shyly smiled.

"Aap enjoy kariye. Mai bakhi sab se mil kar aati hon." Shimrah said and pulled Hiba in a corner. They have greted almost 20 people till now and they were tired this soon.

"Shimmuuuu. Hiba. I am here. Hope I am not late." Katie ran in Shimrah's direction as soon as she saw her in a corner with Hiba.

"Groom's side still didn't arrive." Hiba stated annoyed by how much time they were taking.

"Assalamuilkum Shimrah." A voice startled the three from behind. They turned around and saw Shakeel's sisters who Shimrah hated a lot.

"Walaikumasalam Phupu. Aap kab aayi?" Shimrah asked with a fake smile clearly not interested in talking yo them which only Hiba and Katie noticed.

"Hum toh kabse ki yaheen hai. Aap ko time nahi mila humse milne ka." Her one phupu stated sarcastically making Shimrah want to roll her eyes at them but she couldn't do that.

"Aisa nahi hai phupu. Maine Dadi ko dekha tha toh unse mili par aap dono ko nahi dekha tha maine." Shimrah justified even though she didn't want to but she had to become they are elders and also her father's sisters.

"Chalo. Koi baat nahi. Ye batao ki ladke wale kahan hai. Hum bhi toh dekhe kaunse heere ko chuna hai tumhare Baba ne." Her one phupu rolled her eyes and Shimrah literally wanted to cut off her neck but she couldn't. Shariya had once goten her son's proposal but Shakeel had rejected it because he wasn't a nice person.

'Jaise bhi hai aapke bacchon se acche hai Jiju.' Shimrah thought in her mind and rolled her eyes knowing thay she couldn't say it out loud.

"Raaste mai hai. Aate hi honge." Shimrah said with a fake smile.

"Apne hi engagement function mai late hai. Koi baat nahi. Ladke wale hai thora toh tumlogon ko pareshan karenge hi na." Her Phupu's words triggered Shimrah more than ever before. She was about to say something back which Hiba noticed and geld her hand tightly technically asking her to calm down.