Chapter 16

Author's pov...

2 days later...

"Noooo. You need to put those small chandliers in a line." Shimrah asked the person who was decorating the stage in their backyard to put the chandliers in the place she wants. It was already evening and the function was supposed to start an hour.

Shariya has given Shimrah the responsibility of decorating their backyard for the engagement function and now the whole backyard was blooming with lights.

"Yup. That's right." Shimrah sighed after the decorators put the chandliers in their position. This was the last thing to do for completing the decoration.

"Shimrah. Zara jaakar khaane ka deklo. Bawarchi jo bhi bol raha hai taste ke baare mai mujhe samajh nahi aara." Sameer came running to Shimrah asking for her help.

"Ji theek hai. In decorators ka kaam hogaya hai. Bill clear kar dijiye in ka." Shimrah than ran towards where the food was being prepared while Sameer asked for the rest of the payment which was supposed to be cleared.
______________________________________

"You need to put some more salt in this. It will taste better." Shimrah tasted the Butter Chicken which was in the menu and asked him to put the ingredients which were less.

"This is perfect!" Shimrah savored the delicious Mutton Biryani and moaned when her taste buds approved it.

"Needs more sugar." She now tasted the sweet Rabri but the craze she has for sweet things made her ask the chef to put more sugar in it.

This was the first original function in their family. Sameer had to get married in an hospital so that function doesn't really count.

Since it was the first function, Shakeel and Saniya made a huge menu. Mamy variety of Indian and Pakistani food was being made. And now Shimrah was the one tasting them.

"Shimrah. Yahan kya kar rahi ho? Jaakar change karlo. Guests will start arriving in a few minutes." Saniya was dressed perfectly and now she scolded the young girl who was busy the whole day.

"Mumma kaam bahut hai." Shimrah whined knowing that she has some work left and she had to do it fast.

"Mai karlungi bakhi ka kaam. Tum jaakar tayaar ho. Tumhari behen ki engagement hai you have to look beautiful." Saniya smiled and kissed Shimrah's forehead lovingly. Shimrah smiled back at her and directly went to her room.
_____________________________________

"Uffff... Zara dekhe to sahiba ko. Kya chamak rahi hai." Shimrah entered Shariya's room wearing a Light Blue Gown with a combination of Dark Blue while wearing a lighy blue headscarf. Shariya was ready in her engagement dress with Hiba and Chris in her room.

"Hayee... Marjaavaan iss hoor par." Shimrah hugged Shariya tightly while complimenting her while Shariya laughed at her.

"Tum dono yahan kis khushi mai aaye ho?" Shimrah broke the hug and looked at Chris and Hiba who were staring at her.

"Shariya didi ki engagement hai. Hum to yahan aayenge hi!" Chris replied in broken urdu making Shimrah laugh at his antics.

"Itni jaldi kyun?" Shimrah asked raising her eyebrows at them.

"We thought of helping you guys with your work. Akhir bahut kaam hai na tum dono ko to socha ki thora help kardete hai." Hiba replied while shrugging her shoulders while sitting on the bed.

"Sachchi sachchi batao. Kyun aaye ho?" Shimrah asked again knowing that Hiba is not someone who arrives early to any party.

"Accha theek hai. Ammi keh rahi thi ki ab mai iss ghar ki Bahu hon to mujhe yahan hona chahiye jab ladke wale ghar par aaye." Hiba said making Shimrah and Shariya laugh at her.