Chapter 21

Author's pov...

2 days later...

"Wah! Mumma kitna acche dresses hai aapke." Shariya complimented Saniya's old dresses which were kept in a cartoon.

"Mumma aap t-shirts bhi pehenti thi? Kabhi nahi bataya aapne." Shimrah opended another cartoon which Sameer kept in the hall.

Right now, The Khan family were busy cleaning there storage room which had many cartoons of their old dresses. They decided to sort those dresses out and give it to the needy people or donate them in orphanages.

"Aapki Mumma toh bahut fashionable thi. Jab bhi bahar jaati thi toh logon ki aankh un par se nahi hatti thi." Shakeel complimented his wife's looks while she opened other cartoons while blushing.

"Let's sort these cartoons one by one. And then if you guys like anything then keep it or else give it away." Saniya said as she settled herself on the couch.
_____________________________________

"Yaar Didi, aap skirts pehenti thi chote rehne?" Shimrah laughed as she saw Shariya's younger days clothes in a box.

"Tu toh bol hi mat. Mumma ne tujhe chote rehne shorts bhi pinaye the." Shariya replied back while glaring at Shimrah who couldn't stop laughing.
______________________________________

"Bhai. Aap ki kitni gandi choice thi kapdon mai. Yaar had hai. Ye multicolor ka shirt kaun kharidta hai?" Shariya laughed at Sameer holding a shirt in her hands making Shimrah also laugh at the color combination of that shirt.

"Woh shirt ko koi nahi kharid raha tha isliye maine kharid liya. Bechara bahut akela feel kat raha tha." Sameer glared at his sisters who were making fun of him.
_______________________________________

"Tumhe pata hai tumne ye boots kitne saalon tak pehne hai! Jab bhi bahar jaati thi yehi boots pehena hai bolkar rona shuru kar deti thi." Saniya laughed remembering how Shimrah used to cry for her boots whenever she went out.

"Agar mujhe ab bhi yehi design mai bada size mila to ab bhi pehen lena hai maine ye boots." Shimrah loved her boots to an extent that she still didn't want to give those small boots to anyone.
_____________________________________

"Shariya ne mujhe aur Saniya ko sabse zyaada sataya hai. Jo hona hai woh hona hi tha usse. Agar woh hamne usse nahi dilaya toh waheen par rona shuru kar deti thi. Mujhe samajh nahi aata tha ki iske paas itne aansu aate kahan se the. Jab dekho tab rona shuru kar deti thi." Shakeel laughed at his daughter who was a cry baby in her early age.
______________________________________

"Ye rahe mere Nikah ke kapde." Saniya opened a cartoon and took vlithes out of it showing it to her children.

"Wah Mumma. Kitna khoobsurat hai." Shimrah admired the dress that her Mom wore when she got married to her father.

"Mumma ye Dadi ne laya tha aapke liye?" Shariya asked.

"Haan." Her mother replied.

"Iska design thoda cheap hai." Shariya said without thinking because that's what she thought but her Mother's face dropped a little.

"Uss zamane mai yahi chalta tha." Saniya said with a small smile but still it hurted her when her daughter said that her wedding dress didn't look good.

"Mumma. Actually mujhe ye dress bahut accha laga. Shariya ki choice gandi hogayi hai." Shimrah consoled her mother when she noticed that her mother was looking down.

"I actually wanted to see you in this dress. Will you try it for me?" Saniya asked with a wide smile on her face.

"Ji Mumma. Abhi karti hoon." Shimrah replied and got off the couch. She ttook her mother's wedding dress from her hands and went upstairs to her room to change.