016 - Great Depression - 2

The wave of the Great Depression that originated in the United States quickly swept across the world. However, there were nations that were less affected: the G4. Each of these four countries weathered the Great Depression with ease. It was inevitable, though, that this would fuel more and more emotional conflicts with non-G4 countries.

. . .

Japan

Japan, with its vast portfolio of Japanese investments, has been largely immune to the effects of the recession.

The mass media tried to stir up the crisis as a matter of habit, but the public did not take to the incitement of those whose ability to analyze information was questionable. Rather, it was the development of the new Japanese territories. The aggressive investment of Japanese companies in Sakhalin, Taiwan, Korea, and the South Seas had revitalized the economy, and Japan was experiencing an unprecedented economic boom. Therefore, it could be said that Japan decided to support the Russians who were in a miserable situation in the Soviet Union.

The Republic of Okhotsk was chosen as the recipient, but the living environment was too harsh to send the people who had been exhausted by the harsh life of evacuation. In the end, nearly 20% of the Russian refugees, who were said to reach one million, ended up living in mainland Japan as special workers. *1 Although the issue of these displaced people worsened relations with the Soviet Union, the Japanese government confronted them without retreating, claiming that it was a humanitarian measure.

The private military companies that confronted the Soviet Union's hunt for displaced persons were the best employment opportunities for the Russians who had escaped with their robust bodies. The benefits were good, including risk pay, and on top of that, they could save their countrymen. Their morale was high. Many chivalrous Japanese also joined the group, as well as veterans of the G4 countries who were interested in the Japanese equipment provided by Japan through the companies. *2

. . .

United States of America

Although the Great Depression originated in the US, they were quickly recovering from its effects, much to the chagrin of nations suffering from the crisis. It had Kwantung, Manchuria, and Primorsky Krai to invest in, and Japan and North China to market. Japanese food purchases were as strong as ever, and at the same time, Japanese trading companies continued to invest in America's food distribution infrastructure. It was a great trading partner.

Since North China is in conflict with South China, it needs a lot of military supplies and will buy as much as it can. It was the best market in the world, a golden age for the United States. But it was not without its problems. There was a growing anti-American sentiment in all of China. South China saw the US as an enemy of its people, and North China saw it as a parasite that was sucking up the nation's money.

Behind the scenes was the existence of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), the ones who would protect China's future, not the US which was devouring China along with its lackey North China, nor weak South China. That's what they started to advertise. The Soviet Union was in the background.

This was to harass the United States. The Soviet Union provided surplus Soviet-made weapons to the CCP at a low price, so as to help finance the Soviet Union's Five-Year Plan, if only in a small way. In any case, this led to a series of attacks on Americans and American companies throughout China.

This enraged the Americans, who increased the number of American troops in Kwantung and sent the Korean mercenaries that had been deployed in Primorsky Krai to Manchuria and North China as escorts for American companies. This was done with the advantage that it was a private company's private escort force and therefore more flexible than deploying American troops from a legal standpoint. The problem was that the arrogant and violent Korean mercenaries increased the dissatisfaction of the Chinese with the US.