125 - Japan's Preliminary Actions - 2

Since France has fully transitioned to a wartime readiness, Japan assessed that war in Europe is imminent. Preparations for war cooperation, as stipulated in the G4 communications, were to be initiated. While cooperation with France-led plans for war against Germany imposed a considerable burden (stress) on the Japanese economy, given that the battlefield is on the opposite side of the globe, it is only natural for Japan to strive to maintain the order centered around the League of Nations, as this brings benefits to Japan. *1

At least the Japanese public opinion viewed the government's actions positively.

To the north lies Siberia and the Okhotsk Sea. To the south, Micronesia. Japanese voters, who understand the vastness of their country's territory and its close ties with the international community and have overcome wars in the past, largely refrained from holding overly pacifist or diplomatic expectations. When one is struck, sometimes it is without reason. Being struck due to the opponent's convenience, or rather their inherent selfishness, if one could retaliate so fiercely as to deter further attacks, wouldn't that possibly bring about a peaceful situation?

The government of Japan, a democratic nation, acted in accordance with the trust and will of its people. The burning of Bohai as a sanction against China was precisely in line with this strategic policy (Tit for tat). *2

However, Japanese voters deemed it crucial that plans regarding war and armament should not be arbitrary. In particular, there were stern voices raised concerning the maintenance plans for large escort vessels, the necessity of which diminishes post-war. As a result, opposition parties critical of the government's military plans made significant gains in the House of Representatives election, leading to a revision of previously formulated war plans.

. . .

Russian-Japanese and Soviet-Japanese

Japanese of Russian and Soviet descendants, who can be considered identical in racial (DNA) terms, have become Japanese, but their characteristics, so to speak, have diverged considerably.

Living in the Republic of Okhotsk, a Russian-Japanese state that claims the territory of the Kamchatka Peninsula to the Aleutian Islands and the northern half of Sakhalin Island, the Russian-Japanese people have become an increasingly loose ethnic group. The reason for this was the absence of military threats, being surrounded by the Japanese Federation and friendly nations (the United States), and the economy thriving at levels unimaginable during the Russian era (before the time slip), primarily due to investments from Japan, focusing on fisheries.

Although they were nominally responsible for maintaining maritime security from the Sea of Okhotsk to the North Pacific, the main connecting partner was the United States, and the sea routes were mostly safe to use as trade routes anyway. Therefore, the naval vessels owned by the Republic of Okhotsk Navy consisted mainly of patrol vessels (OPVs) and guard vessels (DPs), adopted as patrol ships (for the Japan Coast Guard). Their main tasks were search and rescue operations and dealing with suspicious ships, often called poachers, but since these poaching vessels were usually from some state within the Japanese Federation, there were no armed conflicts, maintaining a peaceful atmosphere. This was a choice made due to the scarcity of threats and population limitations. This also applied to their aviation units. They lacked not only combat aircraft but even maritime patrol aircraft, with rescue flying boats and medium-sized search aircraft being the mainstay. Only the land units amassed a force of 100.000 personnel, but except for two highly trained and well-equipped mechanized divisions inheriting the tradition of the Russian Army, most were reserve self-defense officers serving as garrison forces.

They were ridiculed by the Siberian Republic as a carefree nation that sold crabs to buy alcohol. On the other hand, it meant that crab fishing was highly profitable. Especially since the stabilization of the economy on the Japanese mainland, crabs from the Republic of Okhotsk began to be traded at high prices under the brand name "Aleutian Crabs," attracting young dreamers and debt-ridden individuals hoping for a reversal of fortunes.